Program suddenly stops working

Angelos

May 29, 2014, 3:28:31 AM5/29/14
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Greetings

Anybody out there ever had this situation with Flagship built .exe on a Windows 7, 32 bit machine - program suddenly comes up with a message: "...This program has stopped working.."?

Tried all sorts of things - the clients' tech support guy eventually re-loaded Windows and copied the very same exe's back on and they worked perfectly. So we argue with the client that it can't be our Flagship exe.

We now find that there is a temporary work-around, ie. Click on the exe and under the Compatibility tab under properties change the Compatibility mode to run Windows XP (service pack 3). The exe will run BUT only that one time, it then comes up with the error message mentioned above again. Switched off all virus protection to just check if that may be doing something weird - no change.

We realise that this may not be a direct FS issue - but any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks
Angelos

frank van nuffel

May 30, 2014, 5:40:52 AM5/30/14
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

DEP is your friend - although the error message it cures is rather 'the NTVDM has stopped working' - so, i'm not sure if it is related

hth,

frank