Generating PDF files from Flagship

angelos at nospam.accpick.co.za

Sep 16, 2008, 7:04:55 AM9/16/08
to multisoft FlagShip
If there is any one out there who would like to do this - we have this
working and are happy to provide the .prg's that will assist in
generating your own .PDF files from within a Flagship application
Had found a shareware lib some time back - written for Clipper code -
it worked with, some tweaks, with our Flagship apps.
Happy to share what we've done

Regards
Angelos

Gerard Keating

Sep 16, 2008, 12:28:42 PM9/16/08
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com

This is interesting, I normally just write latex instructions to a text file and shell out to latex, then convert the resultant dvi file to pdf, ugly but it works...

Angelos Christodoulou

Sep 17, 2008, 2:56:58 AM9/17/08
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com

Excuse the ignorance - does this then allow for Boxes / Shapes / Shading etc?

What is latex?

Regards

Angelos Christodoulou

Cell:  +27 82 491 0964

Tel:   +27 33 343 6000

Fax:  +27 33 343 6001

Web: www.accpick.co.za

Angelos<br

Checked by AVG.

Checked by AVG.

Angelos Christodoulou

Sep 17, 2008, 3:10:40 AM9/17/08
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com

Cancel my previous query about Latex – Google gave me the answers… Interesting

Angelos Christodoulou

Cell:  +27 82 491 0964

Tel:   +27 33 343 6000

Fax:  +27 33 343 6001

Web: www.accpick.co.za

Oct 15, 2008, 8:32:33 AM10/15/08
to multisoft FlagShip

Hello, i'm a user of a software that it was created in Flagship.
And i have a lot of problems with PDF formatted files, because i think
this soft uses some linux scripts (html2ps, ps2pdf) for creating PDF
files...
So, i'would like to confirm that it is possible to create PDF files
directly from this language, isn'it?
Do you have the prg's? Can you give me a hint o something?
Thank you very much.

On 16 sep, 13:04, "angelos at nospam.accpick.co.za"

Angelos Christodoulou

Oct 15, 2008, 9:55:36 AM10/15/08
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com

Certainly!

We will tidy up the .prg's a little + forward them to you

It would be nice to create a Flagship forum that gives exchange opportunities to all developers

Santi - I do not believe that the entire group will want this code – so if you give me your eMail directly, we’ll send you what you need

Regards

Angelos Christodoulou

Cell:  +27 82 491 0964

Tel:   +27 33 343 6000

Fax:  +27 33 343 6001

Web: www.accpick.co.za

Hello, i'm a user of a software that it was created in Flagship.

Checked by AVG.

Checked by AVG.

Santi

Oct 15, 2008, 1:27:43 PM10/15/08
to multisoft FlagShip
Ok, i'll sent it to you.
Regards,
Santi

On 15 oct, 15:55, "Angelos Christodoulou" <ange...@accpick.co.za>

Paul

Jan 25, 2017, 3:23:43 AM1/25/17
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com, multisoft...@googlegroups.com
The easiest way is to install PDF printer driver (e.g. Bullzip PDF driver, DocuCom PDF driver, PDFCreator, PDF24 Creator, and many more) and then
print via PrintGui() selecting your PDF driver (or using the default  "Microsoft Print to PDF" in Windows), see also FAQs.

If you are using textual i/o mode or the simple SET PRINTER command, you may convert the textual printer output to PDF via any text-to-pdf convertor
(e.g. free-pdf-perfect, some-pdf-creator, and many more) which you may invoke by the RUN command from your FlagShip application.
You also may use LibreOffice, e.g.
  cInput := "textfile.txt"
  RUN ('"C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 5\program\soffice.exe" --convert-to "pdf" ' + cInput)  // creates textfile.pdf