FlagShip installation

donpro

Jul 31, 2008, 4:38:59 PM7/31/08
to multisoft FlagShip
Hi,

Trying to install latest visual FlagShip on Del 64 bit server with
RedHat AS 5.2 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5

My attempt to compile a test app. failed with the following mess. I
suspect I need to configure the /usr/local/FlagShip6/etc/FS6config
file to the correct setting but I can't find any documentation. Any
idea what the below error means?

FlagShip PRO (unlimited users)
-- FS compiler phase:
12 Pass2: test.prg
-- C compiler and linker phase:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/FlagShip6/lib/
libFlagShip6.so when searching for -lFlagShip6
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/FlagShip6/lib/
libFlagShip6.a when searching for -lFlagShip6
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libFlagShip6.so when
searching for -lFlagShip6
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libFlagShip6.so when
searching for -lFlagShip6
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lFlagShip6
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

** Warning: C compiler or linker error (256).
Object file and executable not created or is invalid!

Paul Berger

Aug 1, 2008, 2:44:24 AM8/1/08
to multisoft FlagShip
This is documented in http://www.fship.com/linux64bit.html, available
also
as link from http://www.fship.com/linux.html (64-bit version)

donpro

Aug 1, 2008, 8:28:09 AM8/1/08
to multisoft FlagShip
The documentation at http://www.fship.com/linux64bit.html implies that
I would want to develop for both 64bit and 32bit. I an only
interested on running on the 64 bit machine so why do I need the 32bit
libraries (unless FlagShip requires them to compile and link)?.
Message has been deleted

Paul Berger

Jul 16, 2018, 7:40:21 AM7/16/18
to multisoft...@googlegroups.com, multisoft...@googlegroups.com
Please read the small booklet First-Step*.pdf, it replies your question in fully. There is also available FlagShip 8 port for native 64-bit Linux OS (and 64-bit MS-Windows), see http://www.fship.com/whatsnew.html