Centered headings via CSS

Martin Petersen

Jan 18, 2019, 8:35:56 AM1/18/19
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
Is there a way to use ## Headings ## in MultiMarkdown and have them styled via CSS with text-align: center; ? I tried various ways but failed. Thanks for your help.

Fletcher T. Penney

Jan 18, 2019, 8:38:41 AM1/18/19
to Martin Petersen, MultiMarkdown Discussion List
MMD generates normal HTML. You can use whatever CSS you like, or do
anything you would do for HTML from any other source.

`## Headings ##` generate <h2> blocks, so your CSS could include:

h2 {
text-align: center;
}

Fletcher

On 1/18/19 8:34 AM, 'Martin Petersen' via MultiMarkdown Discussion List
wrote:
> Is there a way to use ## Headings ## in MultiMarkdown and have them
> styled via CSS with text-align: center; ? I tried various ways but
> failed. Thanks for your help.
>
> --

Fletcher T. Penney
fletche...@gmail.com

Martin Petersen

Jan 18, 2019, 9:27:12 AM1/18/19
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
Thanks for your prompt answer. Of course I tried what you suggest but it had not the desired effect. But before I give the software in which I tried that a bad name I shall try to contact the support (of said software) and ask if this is an implementation issue or if I missed something. Thanks again.

Sherwood Botsford

Jan 19, 2019, 1:45:45 PM1/19/19
to Martin Petersen, MultiMarkdown Discussion List
If you are getting valid H2 blocks e.g. if it's translating

## This is a Headings ##

into
<h2>This is a Heading</h2>

then the fault is in your CSS.

Use one of the debugging tools and see if your CSS is at fault.  I've often ripped my hair out only to find that I missed a bracket or a semi-colon in my css file.

Regards

Sherwood