Superscript not working

Ben Watson

Dec 30, 2017, 10:48:02 PM12/30/17
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
According to https://rawgit.com/fletcher/human-markdown-reference/master/index.html, I should be able to do this in multimarkdown:

The 95^th^ percentile latency

and have it translate appropriately to Latex superscripts. However, the end result is just this:

The 95\^{}th\^{} percentile latency

Am I doing something wrong? I'm using MMD 5.4.

Thanks,
Ben

Fletcher Penney

Dec 31, 2017, 9:29:51 AM12/31/17
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
MultiMarkdown 5.4.0 gives this result:

    The 95\textsuperscript{th} percentile latency

Using the command:

    multimarkdown -t latex file.md

Where the file consists of:

    The 95^th^ percentile latency

I’m not sure what you’re doing.

FTP

Ben Watson

Jan 1, 2018, 11:33:24 AM1/1/18
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
It was the --nonotes option that was screwing it up. I removed that, and all works.

Fletcher Penney

Jan 1, 2018, 12:55:29 PM1/1/18
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
Ah…

v 5.4 is no longer being maintained (v6 has been current version since last spring), so I won’t be fixing that.  That specific option doesn’t exist in v6, so there’s not a direct comparison to do there.

F-

Ben Watson

Jan 1, 2018, 1:14:44 PM1/1/18
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
I may yet upgrade to the latest version--it would just require me to change my manuscript related to the embedded latex, so I haven't been willing to do it yet.

Another thing I noticed:

_P^th^_ properly italicizes the entire thing, but:

_P_^th^ does not work (it just ignores everything).

Ben

Fletcher T. Penney

Jan 2, 2018, 1:34:04 PM1/2/18
to Ben Watson, MultiMarkdown Discussion List
Again, v5 is not undergoing any more fixes/updates.

Your examples work in v6.

F-

Fletcher T. Penney
fletche...@gmail.com