Working Sample Document

ivo welch

Oct 8, 2018, 4:26:18 AM10/8/18
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List

Is there a really simple MMD user document designed to show off most or all the features of MMD?   I don't mean a document showing off new features or differences to previous mmd programs.  I mean basics from start.

I must have some of the syntax or invokation wrong.  Here is my problem:

I just "brew"-ed the latest Multimarkdown:

MultiMarkdown 6 v6.4.0
Copyright © 2016 - 2018 Fletcher T. Penney.

I then gave it a fragment from https://rawgit.com/fletcher/human-markdown-reference/master/index.html .  I thought the fragment would generate lists with sublists (using multimarkdown test.mmd > test.html"):

* Milk A
* Bread
* Cheese
  * Cheddar
  * Camembert
* Rice

1. Milk B
2. Bread
3. Cheese
  1. Cheddar
  2. Camembert
4. Rice

however, this generates

<ul>
<li>Milk A</li>
<li>Bread</li>
<li>Cheese</li>
<li> Cheddar</li>
<li> Camembert</li>
<li>Rice </li>
</ul>

<ol>
<li>Milk B</li>
<li>Bread</li>
<li>Cheese</li>
<li> Cheddar</li>
<li> Camembert</li>
<li>Rice</li>
</ol>

I must be doing something wrong.

It would be easy if I could download the "sample document" and then compare my output with the output that I am supposed to get.

Fletcher T. Penney

Oct 8, 2018, 4:27:00 AM10/8/18
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
Ivo,

That old syntax "cheat sheet" was a fork of someone else's, and I didn't
catch that they had used improper lists for some reason.

List indents require 4 spaces (or 1 tab) in Markdown (and therefore
MultiMarkdown).

I corrected the links in the sidebar to the proper MMD v6 Syntax Guide
and "cheat sheet".

The best places for information about syntax are:

* https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

* https://rawgit.com/fletcher/MultiMarkdown-6-Syntax-Guide/master/index.html

* https://fletcher.github.io/MultiMarkdown-6/

* The MMD test suite: