Non-breaking spaces

asotir talesman

Nov 24, 2016, 10:54:32 AM11/24/16
to multim...@googlegroups.com
Tore, one escape clause of Markdown is that it recognizes hand-writted HTML.

Hence I expect you should be able to hard-code a nbsp by writing out the entity either in the nbsp or the #160 form. I have tested in one app I have and it works for me: passes either entity straight on without any further translation.

hth - asotir

Fletcher T. Penney

Nov 24, 2016, 11:05:14 AM11/24/16
to multim...@googlegroups.com
True, but I am leaning towards agreeing that a non-breaking space should
have some sort of official support.

I'm thinking that a reasonable option is an escaped space, e.g. `foo\
bar`. Main problem is that it might not degrade well in other parsers,
depending on how "picky" they are on which characters can be escaped.

And actually, it looks like the Minima parser already uses this to mean
non-breaking space, so there is other precedent for the idea.

Fletcher
--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletche...@gmail.com