Questions about <head> metadata

Kirsten Hunter

Feb 25, 2019, 8:47:28 PM2/25/19
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
I have a fairly complicated process I'm trying to work with.  The input is JSON and XML files, the data is run through Template Toolkit 2, and then the output is sent through MultiMarkdown to create either HTML or markdown as an output.

The *problem* I have is that this process (which runs all at once, not as a CGI) does not honor the <head> information I put in there, no matter what I do.  I want a "complete" document, but I want it to honor the links and scripts I have put into one of the template toolkit templates.  But even though there's a <head> section with what I want in the intermediate data created by TT2, MultiMarkdown blows it all away and puts an empty head.

Do I need to rewrite this process in another programming language, or is there something I'm missing?  I don't *have* MD files that I'm working with, I'm generating that as an intermediate format on the way to the eventual output.

Thanks,
Kirsten

Fletcher Penney

Feb 25, 2019, 8:50:50 PM2/25/19
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
MultiMarkdown doesn't modify an existing <head> unless you tell it to.

You'll need to be more specific about what you're doing.

F-

--
Fletcher T. Penney
fletche...@gmail.com