Help with Math equations

Philip

Sep 26, 2022, 6:23:44 AM9/26/22
to MultiMarkdown Discussion List
I'm using MMD 6.6.0 on Windows 10. I installed LaTeX afterward.

I'm trying to get math equations working so I can use Markdown syntax to compose class notes viewable in a browser:

   multimarkdown.exe inputfile.txt > outputfile.html

The math examples aren't working for me:

   \\[ {e}^{i\pi }+1=0 \\]
   $${e}^{i\pi }+1=0$$

gives me:

But subscript and superscript work fine. I'm not sure what's wrong and probably needing to be installed. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Fletcher T. Penney

Oct 2, 2022, 8:28:14 AM10/2/22
to Philip, MultiMarkdown Discussion List
You need to use MathJax if you want to "prettify" your math.

https://fletcher.github.io/MultiMarkdown-6/syntax/math.html

FTP