Re: [multi-mech] Running with PyPy

Corey Goldberg

May 21, 2013, 5:07:33 PM5/21/13
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
it uses multiprocessing (for user_groups), so each group runs in it's
own process (and threads within).

It probably runs on pypy.. if you can get numpy/matplotlib installed
:) I haven't tried though.

-Corey

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM, <jac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried running with PyPy?
>
> I love Mult-Mechanize, it's a great tool...my only worry is that ab seems to
> be capable of generating noticeably more load.
> Was wondering if PyPy could help narrow down this difference.
>
> Sorry for asking a newbie question, but how does Multi-Mechanize get around
> the GIL limitation when generating load from multiple threads?
>
> thanks
> Jacek

jac...@gmail.com

May 22, 2013, 11:12:21 AM5/22/13
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey,

Once we figured out that groups scale out as processes we were able to really push it.

A 4-core Linux box with multi-mech generated enough load to totally saturate a 24-core server on the other end.
We will be fine with just regular Python.

Cheers
Jacek