Threads will not exit or time out after an extended run

Dattaram Miruke

Oct 1, 2013, 1:05:36 PM10/1/13
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com

I am using multi-mechanize module for  extended Load Profile testing for some of our products.
One of the issues I am running into  is, when I run the test suite with multiple concurrent threads, and multiple pools for a long time
such as 2-3+ hours,  after the entire run is completed, it keeps waiting, apparently forever with the message
"Waiting for all requests to finish".  I am using requests module to perform a series of REST calls to the service.

I tried putting a timeout using sigalarm mechanism. while it works when the virtual user script is executed sequentially
(for testing the script), it has no effect when running it in concurrent multi-threaded mode, using multi-mechanize.

Question is whether there is a mechanism that mutli-mechanize provides in order to retire all the threads after a
specific time duration has elapsed. If not then how does one go about setting it up using an external signal based function
or a decorator? If not the what is the alternative?

Would appreciate any pointers, regarding this..

Thanks in advance..