Re: [multi-mech] transactions' control

Corey Goldberg

Feb 21, 2011, 12:59:36 PM2/21/11
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
RS,
thanks,
that sounds useful.
Can you send me a patch? (or just zip me up your whole MM directory
and tell me which files are edited and I will diff them).
my contact info (email) can be found at http://goldb.org

question...

what happens when both run_time (duration) and num_trans is
configured? Once the user finishes his number of transactions, what
happens?

for example,
consider this config:

[global]
run_time: 300
num_trans: 20
rampup: 0
console_logging: on
results_ts_interval: 30

[user_group-1]
threads: 10
script: search_simple.py

how would this be handled?
regards,

-Corey

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:34 PM, rsumoza <rsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> People some times need to control how many transactions multi-
> mechanize makes, for example, when they are testing registration's
> pages and resgistration's procedures. I made a little changes in multi-
> mechanize to control the  transactions' numbers for each user
> (thread). Just it needs to set up a new parameter in the config.cfg
> file: num_trans, in the global section,  if you ignore this parameter,
> multi-mechanize must work like allways do.
>
> I would like to send you this changes, and I would be happy if they
> could be usefull for every body.
>
> Regards,
>
> RS

rsumoza

Feb 21, 2011, 12:34:30 PM2/21/11
to multi-mechanize

rsumoza

Feb 23, 2011, 10:15:27 AM2/23/11
to multi-mechanize
Hi Corey,

Did you receive my email with the changed file?

Regards,

Rodolfo Sumoza

On 21 feb, 13:59, Corey Goldberg <cgoldb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> RS,
> thanks,
> that sounds useful.
> Can you send me a patch? (or just zip me up your whole MM directory
> and tell me which files are edited and I will diff them).
> my contact info (email) can be found athttp://goldb.org
>
> question...
>
> what happens when both run_time (duration) and num_trans is
> configured?  Once the user finishes his number of transactions, what
> happens?
>
> for example,
> consider this config:
>
> [global]
> run_time: 300
> num_trans: 20
> rampup: 0
> console_logging: on
> results_ts_interval: 30
>
> [user_group-1]
> threads: 10
> script: search_simple.py
>
> how would this be handled?
> regards,
>
> -Corey

Corey Goldberg

Feb 23, 2011, 10:25:52 AM2/23/11
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodolfo,

yes, I received your files. thanks much!
I am very busy the next few weeks (starting a new job and travelling
to a conference), so it might be a while (weeks) before I really have
time to sit down and merge your changes.

I'll post to the mailing list once I make some progress.

thanks again.

-Corey

Yogesh dujodwala

Dec 2, 2013, 12:42:36 AM12/2/13
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodolfo / Corey

I have similar requirement, I wish to control the number of transactions.
It would be really helpful if you could also mail me the file, I will try it out and let you know.

Thanks
Regards
Yogesh

sparkling

Dec 24, 2013, 3:49:44 AM12/24/13
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I'm interested in your patch. Is it public now or could you please send me your code?

Thank you so much!

Rodolfo Sumoza

Dec 24, 2013, 3:31:09 PM12/24/13
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

People some times need to control how many transactions multi-
mechanize makes, for example, when they are testing registration's
pages and resgistration's procedures. I made a little changes in multi-
mechanize to control the transactions' numbers for each user
(thread). Just it needs to set up a new parameter in the config.cfg
file: num_trans, in the global section, if you ignore this parameter,
multi-mechanize must work like allways do.

Just it needs to set up a new parameter in the config.cfg
file: num_trans, in the global section, if you ignore this parameter,
multi-mechanize must work like allways do.

Regards,

RS
> --
multi-mechanize-trans.py

Dattaram Miruke

Aug 18, 2014, 1:26:07 AM8/18/14
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com

Hi Is this code included in the new vesion of multi-mechanize?
If not where can I get a copy of the multi-mechanize source code, which includes this patch for num_trans?
This could be quite useful, for cloud based  load testing I am conducting.

Thanks and Sincere Regards
Datta Miruke