Help Required Regarding Build of Meun Separation Kernel

Souvik Paul

Mar 27, 2019, 12:03:48 PM3/27/19
to muen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   I am currently in B.Tech Final Year CSE, NIT Allahabad, India. In our 8th-semester course curriculum, we have formal methods and we are also required to do a project in the same.

  I had gone through the official site of muen regarding the build steps. I have pulled the docker image given on the website and downloaded the code given in git. In that docker image environment, I tried to run makefile, and then got a lot of errors. After rectifying many errors, I got stuck in this error. Can you please help me to rectify it.

 I had one more way to do it. From Somewhere I got the iso file of muen. I tried to run it directly on VM but was unable to do it. I also couldn't find anything about the same on the web. Thus I am not getting able to progress here also.

    So, I request you to please help me out to rectify the error or/and run that iso file.

Thanks!

Regards,
Souvik Paul
B.Tech Final Year CSE
NIT Allahabad

Reto Buerki

Mar 27, 2019, 2:04:29 PM3/27/19
to Souvik Paul, muen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Welcome to the muen-dev list!

On 3/27/19 5:03 PM, Souvik Paul wrote:
> I had gone through the official site of muen
> <https://muen.codelabs.ch/>regarding
> the build steps. I have pulled the docker image given on the website and
> downloaded the code given in git. In that docker image environment, I tried
> to run makefile, and then got a lot of errors. After rectifying many
> errors, I got stuck in this error
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ddT1fwkijXY5s8RtYhK8jStRDI2XYSTz/view?usp=sharing>.
Can you please try the following commands:

$ docker pull codelabsch/muen-dev-env
$ export WORKDIR=/your/workdir
$ mkdir $WORKDIR && cd $WORKDIR
$ git clone -b devel --recursive --shallow-submodules
https://git.codelabs.ch/muen.git
$ docker run -it -u $UID -v $WORKDIR:/home/user -v
/tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -e DISPLAY=unix$DISPLAY
codelabsch/muen-dev-env

In the container:

$ cd muen
$ make emulate

> I had one more way to do it. From Somewhere I got the iso file of muen. I
> tried to run it directly on VM but was unable to do it. I also couldn't
> find anything about the same on the web. Thus I am not getting able to
> progress here also.

While, in theory, this might work with a nesting-aware hypervisor, I
recommend the emulate target for initial testing of Muen.

Kind regards,
- reto

Souvik Paul

Apr 9, 2019, 9:15:59 AM4/9/19
to muen-dev
Hi,

 I am now successfully able to run muen in the emulator as replied by you in this mail thread. I want to know is there any documentation for the same like what things we can do in the muen kernel or how to run a process in that kernel. Like, for example, suppose I want to run a presentation in muen. So can I know the steps how to do it? I also want to know is there any package manager in muen to install any packages and then run any process in the muen.
In muen what I only able to see is a terminal in the emulator. Any help regarding the things mentioned above will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Souvik