Muen hardware.xml and platform.xml files

Lyes Doudou

Feb 19, 2023, 10:37:28 AM2/19/23
to muen-dev
Hello,

I am trying to generate an ISO for lenovo ThinkCentre M710q , I have used mugenhwcfg to generate outpup file for hardware, but can't find how I can generate the platform one needed to make the ISO.

For example for the T440s we have 2 files :
  • muen/policy/hardware/lenovo-t440s.xml
  • muen/policy/platform/lenovo-t440s.xml

do you have any idea ?

Reto Buerki

Feb 19, 2023, 2:27:08 PM2/19/23
to Lyes Doudou, muen-dev
Hi and welcome to the list!

On 2/19/23 16:37, Lyes Doudou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to generate an ISO for lenovo ThinkCentre M710q , I have used
> mugenhwcfg to generate outpup file for hardware, but can't find how I can
> generate the platform one needed to make the ISO.
>
> For example for the T440s we have 2 files :
>
> - muen/policy/hardware/lenovo-t440s.xml
> - muen/policy/platform/lenovo-t440s.xml
>

> do you have any idea ?

The platform section in the policy is not auto-generated but needs to be
written by the system integrator, see also [1], 7.1.39.

You could use platform/lenovo-t440s.xml as a starting point: just copy
the file and perform the necessary changes for your system.

Hope that helps
- reto

[1] - https://muen.sk/muen-system-spec.pdf