Where did unstable go?

Robin Lee Powell

Apr 22, 2009, 12:17:00 AM4/22/09
to mudb...@googlegroups.com

I grabbed the latest mudballs and updated and so on, and now I have
no system-definitions/mudballs.com/unstable/mudballs.lisp

How do I get it back?

-Robin

--
They say: "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking: "Does it even occur to you to try for something

Sean Ross

Apr 22, 2009, 4:30:43 AM4/22/09
to mudb...@googlegroups.com

On 22 Apr 2009, at 05:17, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> I grabbed the latest mudballs and updated and so on, and now I have
> no system-definitions/mudballs.com/unstable/mudballs.lisp
>
> How do I get it back?

I made a judgment call when I released mudballs 3 and renamed the
unstable repository to official so system-definitions/mudballs.com/
unstable/mudballs.lisp is now system-definitions/mudballs.com/official/
mudballs.lisp

sean.

Robin Lee Powell

Apr 22, 2009, 1:11:34 PM4/22/09
to mudb...@googlegroups.com

Except that mudballs.com/unstable has metatilities and weblocks and
mudballs.com/official doesn't.

Sean Ross

Apr 22, 2009, 1:51:20 PM4/22/09
to mudb...@googlegroups.com

On 22 Apr 2009, at 18:11, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 09:30:43AM +0100, Sean Ross wrote:
>>

>> On 22 Apr 2009, at 05:17, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>>

>>> I grabbed the latest mudballs and updated and so on, and now I
>>> have no system-definitions/mudballs.com/unstable/mudballs.lisp
>>>
>>> How do I get it back?
>>

>> I made a judgment call when I released mudballs 3 and renamed the
>> unstable repository to official so
>> system-definitions/mudballs.com/ unstable/mudballs.lisp is now
>> system-definitions/mudballs.com/official/ mudballs.lisp
>
> Except that mudballs.com/unstable has metatilities and weblocks and
> mudballs.com/official doesn't.

I'm afraid so, there were a few systems which got removed during a
cleanup phase as they
were either added with an incomplete system definition or using
features which dramatically
changed.

They are not gone for good however and will be back.

The current plan is to implement the online project creation and
system upload screens at
which point I will be going through the removed systems (http://redmine.mudballs.com/issues/show/129
)
and will readd them.

I apologize if this has caused a large amount of pain.

sean.

Robin Lee Powell

Apr 22, 2009, 1:58:33 PM4/22/09
to mudb...@googlegroups.com

It just means I'm kind of stuck trying to work with weblocks, since
I can't install one of its requirements. Is there some way I can
manually point at the old version or something? If not I guess I'll
have to roll my own .mbd against the dev version of a product I
don't in any way understand. -_-

Sean Ross

Apr 22, 2009, 3:08:38 PM4/22/09
to mudb...@googlegroups.com

On 22 Apr 2009, at 18:58, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>> pain.
>
> It just means I'm kind of stuck trying to work with weblocks, since
> I can't install one of its requirements. Is there some way I can
> manually point at the old version or something? If not I guess I'll
> have to roll my own .mbd against the dev version of a product I
> don't in any way understand. -_-

As an interim measure place the attached file in <mudballs-root>/
system-definitions/mudballs.com/unstable/unstable.lisp
It contains the missing systems which will still be installable.

sean.

unstable.lisp

Robin Lee Powell

Apr 22, 2009, 3:19:35 PM4/22/09