Action keymap changes

Maxence Bernard

Jun 9, 2009, 2:40:39 AM6/9/09
to אריק הדס, mucomma...@googlegroups.com
Hey Arik,

I had a quick look at your recent changes (they are plenty!) and here's a few questions I had for you about the new action keymap format / loading process :

  • you said in one of your svn commit log : "change actions keymap saving: the user's action_keymap.xml file now contains those actions that their shortcuts were modified by the user only.". But after svn updating, starting the new version and quitting, the action_keymap.xml still contains all the actions with their default shortcuts. Am I missing something ?
  • the version declared in action_keymap.xml after quitting is still 0.8.3

UPDATE : while typing I figured out the action_keymap had not been saved because it hadn't been modified (makes sense). So I changed a shortcut using the editor, quit and the action_keymap got saved with the new diff-format and declared as 0.8.4.

=> how about we mark the action_keymap as 'dirty' after a version upgrade so that it gets written to the new format after quitting ?

=> how did you handle the action_keymap import with regards to the new impl package ? I played with it and it seems to be working just fine (my 0.8.3 custom action still worked after updating, and got saved OK in the new 0.8.4 xml file) but I can't seem to understand where the magic is done :)

=> while things are still fresh, it'd be a good idea to document the action keymap loading process (I think it's fairly complicated to understand how it works for a new comer). Would you mind creating http://trac.mucommander.com/wiki/ActionKeymap ? We could also document the XML format there. Let me know if you don't feel like it and I'll draft something.

Cheers,
Maxence

PS: I'm CC-ing the mailing list for more transparency

A.Yerenkow

Jun 18, 2009, 12:49:57 PM6/18/09
to mucomma...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

FYI Currently in svn, in ActionManager.java:292 are broken line:
MuActionFactory actionFactory = (MuActionFactory)
actionFactories.get(actionClass);
Which makes mucommander unstartable for me;

Quick and dirty hack, which helps me:

MuActionFactory actionFactory = (MuActionFactory)
actionFactories.get(getActionClass(actionClass.getName().replaceFirst("com.mucommander.ui.action.impl",
"com.mucommander.ui.action"), null));