Previous attempt at CVPPC driver

Radosław Kujawa

May 31, 2011, 4:46:48 PM5/31/11
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amiga/2002/02/11/0000.html

Incredible! I wish I found this before I started the work on p5pb.

--
Best regards,
Radosław Kujawa

--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-...@muc.de

Frank Wille

Jun 1, 2011, 5:07:10 AM6/1/11
On Tue, 31 May 2011 22:46:48 +0200
Rados?aw Kujawa <radosla...@c0ff33.net> wrote:

> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amiga/2002/02/11/0000.html
>
> Incredible! I wish I found this before I started the work on p5pb.

I didn't know about it. But nevertheless the 32-bit bus-space support
is useful and I would like to commit it when it works.

BTW, does anybody have a PCMCIA network card which makes the kernel panic?

--
Frank Wille

Radosław Kujawa

Jun 1, 2011, 9:29:23 AM6/1/11

On Jun 1, 2011, at 11:07 AM, Frank Wille wrote:

> On Tue, 31 May 2011 22:46:48 +0200
> Rados?aw Kujawa <radosla...@c0ff33.net> wrote:
>

>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amiga/2002/02/11/0000.html
>>
>> Incredible! I wish I found this before I started the work on p5pb.
>

> I didn't know about it. But nevertheless the 32-bit bus-space support
> is useful and I would like to commit it when it works.

I think it works, just needs testing. As soon as pm2fb is running, it'll be safe to declare that 32-bit bus_space is really working. It uses these methods extensively.

> BTW, does anybody have a PCMCIA network card which makes the kernel panic?

Hmm... does Gayle even allow 32-bit accesses? I always thought that the PCMCIA is 16-bit-only on hardware level.

I have ep(4) somewhere, which just doesn't work on amiga for some unknown reason (while it works fine on macppc). There's PR 31134 describing this. Though, that's probably totally unrelated to 32-bit bus_space problems.

Frank Wille

Jun 1, 2011, 10:57:21 AM6/1/11
On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:29:23 +0200
Rados?aw Kujawa <radosla...@c0ff33.net> wrote:

> > I didn't know about it. But nevertheless the 32-bit bus-space
> > support is useful and I would like to commit it when it works.
>
> I think it works, just needs testing. As soon as pm2fb is running,
> it'll be safe to declare that 32-bit bus_space is really working. It
> uses these methods extensively.

Thanks. I will also run some tests with it, as soon as you think it
is ready.

> > BTW, does anybody have a PCMCIA network card which makes the kernel
> > panic?
>
> Hmm... does Gayle even allow 32-bit accesses? I always thought that
> the PCMCIA is 16-bit-only on hardware level.

Don't know. Maybe the interface is, but the kernel wants to access the
registers in 32-bit width nevertheless? I'm no expert here either.

I just remember we had some reports about kernel panics with PCMCIA cards
in the past, because those 32-bit bus space functions were missing.

--
Frank Wille