xorg-server updated to 1.10.3 in -current, some builds broken

matthew green

Aug 2, 2011, 6:01:54 AM8/2/11

hi folks.

i've updated our xorg-server to 1.10.3. it seems to work for me in
minimal testing so far. however, the xf86-video-chips driver uses
now-deleted support code and doesn't build, and this breaks several
platforms builds.

should be fixed soon, but i have no ETA yet. for now, i recommend
building with MKX11=yes, but adventurous souls are welcome to try
anyway (and if you want sets, the patch to the set lists isn't too
difficult to figure out.)

.mrg.

--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-...@muc.de

Paul Goyette

Aug 2, 2011, 9:46:56 AM8/2/11
matthew green wrote:

> i've updated our xorg-server to 1.10.3. it seems to work for me in
> minimal testing so far. however, the xf86-video-chips driver uses
> now-deleted support code and doesn't build, and this breaks several
> platforms builds.

Yes. One of the broken platforms is port-amd64. :(

| Paul Goyette | PGP Key fingerprint: | E-mail addresses: |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com |
| Kernel Developer | | pgoyette at netbsd.org |

matthew green

Aug 2, 2011, 9:34:03 PM8/2/11

> i've updated our xorg-server to 1.10.3. it seems to work for me in
> minimal testing so far. however, the xf86-video-chips driver uses
> now-deleted support code and doesn't build, and this breaks several
> platforms builds.

i've fixed this. it was a bad merge on our side.