Big trouble with little ninjas...

1 view

Thrull

Jan 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/6/98

> There must be simpler ways to maintain gameplay in her case. If she
> had a cold fire shield active, her vulnerability would not seem such a
> liability, perhaps. ----> Let the further suggestions begin!!!

Touche'

Does it strike anyone else as silly that you can specify "large even if icon 1 x 1",
but not the inverse (ie "small no matter what size icon")

Do we know what byte(s) control this? Will any of the editors (character, etc.)
allow you to specify the size (large, medium, or small) of a monster or npc?

Thrull :<>

Kaviyd

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

In a message dated 98-01-06 02:32:39 EST, thr...@atlantic.net writes:

> Does it strike anyone else as silly that you can specify "large even if icon
1
> x 1", but not the inverse (ie "small no matter what size icon")
>
> Do we know what byte(s) control this? Will any of the editors (character,
> etc.) allow you to specify the size (large, medium, or small) of a monster
or npc?

We know exactly which byte is involved -- it is byte 130 in the character or
monster record. What we don't know is where in CKIT.EXE that byte is
interpreted to determine whether to apply "S-M" or "L" damage. If somebody
were to find that byte, we could hack CKIT.EXE so that it would apply "L"
damage only if "large even if icon 1x1" button is selected regardless of
actual icon size.