SCSI card keeps dumping state

Dan Langille

May 14, 2011, 10:18:58 AM5/14/11
Usually, my SCSI card runs just fine. Then, every once in a while, it starts
dumping state. I am not sure what starts this.

I have put output from /var/log/messages & camcontrol at:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/samples/ahc0.card.dump.txt

At present, the card seems unusable, and is dumping state every 30 minutes.

I'd like to be able to fix this remote system without rebooting it (for fear of it not coming back up).

Thanks.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org

Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-...@muc.de

Justin T. Gibbs

Jun 14, 2011, 1:46:54 PM6/14/11
On 5/14/11 8:18 AM, Dan Langille wrote:
> Usually, my SCSI card runs just fine. Then, every once in a while, it starts
> dumping state. I am not sure what starts this.
>
> I have put output from /var/log/messages& camcontrol at:

> http://www.freebsddiary.org/samples/ahc0.card.dump.txt
>
> At present, the card seems unusable, and is dumping state every 30 minutes.
>
> I'd like to be able to fix this remote system without rebooting it (for fear of it not coming back up).
>
> Thanks.
I'll have to dig in more to be sure, but it looks like a PCI dma of a
new command
failed, dumping you into error recovery. Perhaps the card has worked a
bit loose in the slot?

--
Justin