mps driver on 10.2-BETA

1 view

Dan Langille

Jul 23, 2015, 4:18:28 PM7/23/15
Hello

I'm setting up a new server with some M1015 cards and I'm planning on using FreeBSD 10.2.

I've heard reports that the 20.00.00.00 driver was unstable on FreeBSD and that I should use P19 firmware instead. Then today I found this report from January.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/upgraded-to-9-3-and-getting-warning-firmware-version-19-does-not-match-driver-version-16-for-dev.25925/page-4#post-168811

I see that firmware 20.00.04.00 is out and I've flashed my three cards with that. I am guessing the problems reported above were dealt with in the firmware upgrade, as opposed to any driver changes.

Is my best course of action to use the P20 firmware in this case?

Thanks.

Dan Langille dvl@
http://langille.org/

signature.asc

Stephen Mcconnell

Jul 23, 2015, 4:53:44 PM7/23/15

Hi Dan,

I don't know about this problem with P20. I would recommend that you use
the latest FW available, and it looks like you've done that. Let me know if
you have any problems with it. Sorry that I can't be more help than that.

> Thanks.
>
> —
> Dan Langille dvl@
> http://langille.org/

Steve

Konstantin Kulikov

Jul 24, 2015, 4:09:12 AM7/24/15
Hey.
I have "LSI Logic SAS2308 (8 Port SAS)" and P20 didn't work for me - was
getting checksum error even on CURRENT (which has v20 driver).
I downgraded to P19 and put it in production with 10.1-RELEASE (v19 driver)
and it works perfectly.

Dan Langille

Jul 24, 2015, 10:26:18 AM7/24/15
On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Konstantin Kulikov <k.kul...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey.
> I have "LSI Logic SAS2308 (8 Port SAS)" and P20 didn't work for me - was
> getting checksum error even on CURRENT (which has v20 driver).
> I downgraded to P19 and put it in production with 10.1-RELEASE (v19
> driver) and it works perfectly.
>
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 11:18 PM Dan Langille <d...@langille.org> wrote:

Konstantin,

To be clear, were you using P20.00.04.00 or P20.00.00.00? If you don't
know, when did you try P20?

I understand that the problems with P20 on 10.x were fixed up by
P20.00.04.00

Cheers

Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-...@muc.de

Konstantin Kulikov

Jul 25, 2015, 4:08:32 AM7/25/15
Sorry, I don't remember exact version. Tried it this week, monday (july
20), but I didn't flash it myself, it came to me with P20 from the store.