power-user question

1 view

Kevin Weiss/AUS/Lotus

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
is anyone using FreeBSD w/32-bit colors AND 1600x1200?

if so, please tell me what type of monitor and video card you have?

**********************************

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99

I just compiled a program I made and I can't run the executable it just
says

runme: not found

but it is sitting right here in front of me. If I do ls -l there is no
runme*, just runme. If I chmod 777 runme, still says runme: not found.
Any ideas?

Ron

Ron Petty 252-7173, rep...@sac.uky.edu, Aprt 108 217 Virginia Avenue

Charles Randall

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
Try,

./runme

If that works, the current directory wasn't in your path.

Charles

Dan Langille

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On 30 Mar 99, at 12:39, ***************************** wrote:

> I just compiled a program I made and I can't run the executable it just
> says
>
> runme: not found
>
> but it is sitting right here in front of me. If I do ls -l there is no
> runme*, just runme. If I chmod 777 runme, still says runme: not found.
> Any ideas?

Yes.

First, give yourself a better reply to email address (grin).

Second, see http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/commandnotfound.htm

cheers.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary

Jim Mock

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 at 12:39:42 -0500, ********************************** wrote:
> I just compiled a program I made and I can't run the executable it
> just says
>
> runme: not found
>
> but it is sitting right here in front of me. If I do ls -l there
> is no runme*, just runme. If I chmod 777 runme, still says runme:
> not found. Any ideas?

Try ./runme. Btw, please lose the *****'s before you post again.

Later,

--
Jim Mock System Administrator j...@corp.au.triax.com ,-._|\ FreeBSD
work: Triax Internet Services http://www.triax.com/ / \ The

Mark S. Reichman

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99

try:

$> ./runme

the current working dir is not in your path.. I assume.
So.. You need to tell it where the prog is located.
It is located in the ./ dir, which is the current working dir.
I've done it myself.

********************************** wrote:

> I just compiled a program I made and I can't run the executable it just
> says
>
> runme: not found
>
> but it is sitting right here in front of me. If I do ls -l there is no
> runme*, just runme. If I chmod 777 runme, still says runme: not found.
> Any ideas?
>

> Ron

\|/
(@ @)
| Mark S. Reichman FreeBSD |
| ma...@borg.com Got source? |
| |
| The "Paperless Office" looked good on paper. |
|__|__|
|| ||
ooO Ooo