Multi-Gesture touchpad in Acer Aspire One

Matthias Apitz

Jun 12, 2011, 2:46:47 AM6/12/11

Hello,

I'm running 9-CURRENT and xorg-7.5 (from ports) on a laptop Acer Aspire
One D250 and all works as it should. The laptop has a touchpad which
says about itself on a sticker 'Multi-Gesture' with some picture of
using two fingers, for example for scrolling up and down; is this
supported somehow in Xorg;

as well on some other netpook I own (EeePC 900) a hit with two fingers
at the same time acts as pressing the middle mouse button; this does not
work with the Acer Aspire One, a nice feature I'm missing for cut&Paste
while writing stuff...

Any hints? Thanks

matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211

Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-...@muc.de

Warren Block

Jun 13, 2011, 9:10:37 AM6/13/11
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> I'm running 9-CURRENT and xorg-7.5 (from ports) on a laptop Acer Aspire
> One D250 and all works as it should. The laptop has a touchpad which
> says about itself on a sticker 'Multi-Gesture' with some picture of
> using two fingers, for example for scrolling up and down; is this
> supported somehow in Xorg;
>
> as well on some other netpook I own (EeePC 900) a hit with two fingers
> at the same time acts as pressing the middle mouse button; this does not
> work with the Acer Aspire One, a nice feature I'm missing for cut&Paste
> while writing stuff...

There's x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics (untested by me). Some config
notes at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcerOne and
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Acer_Aspire_One .