How to config a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel?

1 view

Bear

Jun 15, 2010, 1:18:19 PM6/15/10
hi,
I am a administrator of a school network. My school has already deployed a pure-IPv6 network with NAT-PT. But there are massive applications cannot support IPv6, so these applications cannot work at all. Now I *DO NOT* wanna build a dual-stack network, because if I build a dual-stack network, IPv6 will have no users, all users will use IPv4 to communicate with the websites which in IPv4 network. So I wanna build a tunnel, the start-point is client, the end-point is a special dual-stack machine. Also, a sock5 proxy is all right. Could you tell me how to do this? thx!

Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-...@muc.de

Matthew Seaman

Jun 15, 2010, 1:50:47 PM6/15/10

Elliot Finley

Jun 16, 2010, 11:25:23 AM6/16/10
I'm curios, what are you using for your NAT-PT?

Dennis Yusupoff

Jun 16, 2010, 4:37:39 PM6/16/10
Здравствуйте, Bear.

Вы писали 15 июня 2010 г., 21:18:19:

> Could you tell me how to do this? thx!

Try ISC AFTR: http://www.isc.org/software/aftr

P.S. And, BTW, my congratulations with implements IPv6 - I'm
impressed.

--
С уважением,
Юсупов Денис mailto:d...@homelink.ru

Bear

Jun 17, 2010, 2:40:23 AM6/17/10
hi,
I am using FreeBSD 8.0 as my Gateway. I run IPFW on it and enabled NAT-PT and also, I installed totd as DNS ALG.
If you need more information about my network, I am very glad to tell you the detail.

------------------
Bear
2010-06-17

From:Elliot Finley
Send Date:2010-06-16 23:25:24
To:Bear
CC:freebsd-isp
Subject:Re: How to config a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel?

Bear

Jun 17, 2010, 2:43:39 AM6/17/10
hi,
Could you give me some more information about your configuration? thx!

------------------
Bear
2010-06-17

From:Dennis Yusupoff
Send Date:2010-06-17 04:39:17
CC:freebsd-isp

Bear

Jun 17, 2010, 2:46:00 AM6/17/10
hi,
Er... I used to read this webpage. But I hope you can give me some information about your succeed-case :) I do not wanna break my network or my teacher and all students will complain to me :(

------------------
Bear
2010-06-17

From:Dennis Yusupoff
Send Date:2010-06-17 04:39:17
CC:freebsd-isp

Elliot Finley

Jun 17, 2010, 2:51:34 PM6/17/10
I wasn't aware that you could do IPv6 <-> IPv4 NAT on FreeBSD. If you
wouldn't ming sharing your NAT-PT configs, I would be grateful.

P.S. I tried emailing you directly, but it bounced back saying that address
only accepts email from mailing lists.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Bear <jili...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,

> I am using FreeBSD 8.0 as my Gateway. I run IPFW on it and enabled NAT-PT
> and also, I installed totd as DNS ALG.
> If you need more information about my network, I am very glad to tell you
> the detail.
>
> ------------------
> Bear
> 2010-06-17

> From:Elliot Finley
> Send Date:2010-06-16 23:25:24
> To:Bear
> CC:freebsd-isp
> Subject:Re: How to config a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel?

Bear

Jun 18, 2010, 9:36:11 PM6/18/10
hi,
Now I wanna know how to make a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel? I think a tunnel is better than a proxy. ;)

------------------
Bear
2010-06-19

From:Elliot Finley
Send Date:2010-06-18 02:51:36
To:Bear
CC:freebsd-isp
Subject:Re: Re: How to config a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel?

I wasn't aware that you could do IPv6 <-> IPv4 NAT on FreeBSD. If you
wouldn't ming sharing your NAT-PT configs, I would be grateful.

P.S. I tried emailing you directly, but it bounced back saying that address
only accepts email from mailing lists.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Bear <jili...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,

> I am using FreeBSD 8.0 as my Gateway. I run IPFW on it and enabled NAT-PT
> and also, I installed totd as DNS ALG.
> If you need more information about my network, I am very glad to tell you
> the detail.
>
> ------------------
> Bear
> 2010-06-17

> From:Elliot Finley
> Send Date:2010-06-16 23:25:24
> To:Bear
> CC:freebsd-isp
> Subject:Re: How to config a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel?

Bear

Jun 19, 2010, 8:38:09 AM6/19/10
hi,
tunnelbroker is very good but... Can you image all the students use a American Server to play online games which servers are all in China Mainland? If my school is in USA, of course I will advise them to use tunnelbroker, but in China Mainland, its impossible. The out-bandwidth of China Mainland is too limited to support any applications which need the lantency less than 500ms.
Now I wanna build a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel end-point server by myself. I have servers, the only problem is that I dont know how to do. :(

BTW: Most of my clients are using Windows, my server is FreeBSD or Linux. So the tunnel must can run on both of them.

------------------
Bear
2010-06-19

From:James Polera
Send Date:2010-06-19 09:46:10
To:Bear
CC:

On Jun 18, 2010, at 9:36 PM, Bear wrote:

> hi,
> Now I wanna know how to make a IPv4-over-IPv6 tunnel? I think a tunnel is better than a proxy. ;)

Check out http://tunnelbroker.net/

Free and it works perfectly!