r335282: first stage boot failure on PCengines APU 2C4

O. Hartmann

Jun 17, 2018, 4:04:05 AM6/17/18

Olivier Cochard-Labbé

Jun 18, 2018, 5:03:56 AM6/18/18
On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 10:01 AM O. Hartmann <ohar...@walstatt.org> wrote:

> Running CURRENT as routing and firewalling appliance on a PCengines APU
> 2C4 with the
> latest (official) SEABios available for this product, NanoBSD (FreeBSD
> CURRENT FreeBSD
> 12.0-CURRENT #60 r335278: Sun Jun 17 07:57:20 CEST 2018 amd64)is unable to
> boot recent
> OS at the first stage (GPT partitioning, SD card memory).
>

> ​Hi,

My nanobsd images are based on :
[root@apu2]~# uname -a
FreeBSD apu2 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT r335286M amd64

And I don't remember to have upgraded its BIOS:
[root@apu2]~# kenv smbios.bios.reldate
03/07/2016
[root@apu2]~# kenv smbios.system.product
apu2

But I'm using MBR partitionning on a mSATA disk.

Regards

Warner Losh

Jun 18, 2018, 9:46:33 AM6/18/18
On Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 3:01 AM Olivier Cochard-Labbé <oli...@freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 10:01 AM O. Hartmann <ohar...@walstatt.org>
> wrote:

> > Running CURRENT as routing and firewalling appliance on a PCengines APU
> > 2C4 with the
> > latest (official) SEABios available for this product, NanoBSD (FreeBSD
> > CURRENT FreeBSD
> > 12.0-CURRENT #60 r335278: Sun Jun 17 07:57:20 CEST 2018 amd64)is unable
> > boot recent
> > OS at the first stage (GPT partitioning, SD card memory).
> >
> > ​Hi,
>

> My nanobsd images are based on :
> [root@apu2]~# uname -a
> FreeBSD apu2 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT r335286M amd64
>
> And I don't remember to have upgraded its BIOS:
> [root@apu2]~# kenv smbios.bios.reldate
> 03/07/2016
> [root@apu2]~# kenv smbios.system.product
> apu2
>
> But I'm using MBR partitionning on a mSATA disk.

Do you know the first version to have this problem? Are you using geli?

Warner

O. Hartmann

Jun 18, 2018, 11:54:05 AM6/18/18