How can I change ports for telnet ..

DOMINGO VARELA YAHUITL

Aug 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/13/97

Hello all:

my question is:

How can I change the ports of access in Linux for TELNET, that not use
the port 23, I want use port 2323, already modify the file /etc/services
and I cannot access outside a my box...

someone can helpme please.. ??

Thank by yours answers..

Domingo .-

Alexander Geschonneck

Aug 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/14/97

Hi Domingo,

> How can I change the ports of access in Linux for TELNET, that not use
> the port 23, I want use port 2323, already modify the file /etc/services
> and I cannot access outside a my box...

Have you change your /etc/inetd.conf ? Your in.telnetd must be listening
on your new serice port.

p.e.
/etc/services:
telnet-new 2323/tcp my new telnet port

/etc/inetd.conf:
telnet-new stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.telnetd

Give your inetd a kill -1 and now it will be working.
Additionally check your existing tcp-wrapper settings in /etc/
hosts.alow and /etc/hosts.deny for your new telnet-port

Alexander Geschonneck
computer center of Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin
Unter den Linden 6,10099 Berlin-Germany, Phone: +49-30-2093 2482
PGP key via http://www.hu-berlin.de/~h0271cbj/mykey.html
or any keyserver