recovering nvi sessions?

1 view

Sandip P Deshmukh

Dec 12, 2002, 11:47:43 PM12/12/02
hello all

when i boot up my pc, it throws a message that reads:

recovering nvi session ... done

i checked for the string in dmesg - it was not there.

it has not affected working of my computer anyway. but could someone
tell me where is this message coming from?

--
regards,

sandip p deshmukh

Colin Watson

Dec 13, 2002, 5:58:44 AM12/13/02
On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:13:13AM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> when i boot up my pc, it throws a message that reads:
>
> recovering nvi session ... done
>
> i checked for the string in dmesg - it was not there.

No, it wouldn't be. init.d script output is not logged at the moment.

> it has not affected working of my computer anyway. but could someone
> tell me where is this message coming from?

/etc/init.d/nviboot, symlinked from /etc/rcS.d/S70nviboot.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson [cjwa...@flatline.org.uk]