NFS-Server is hidding some partitions

Marcel Fehr

Dec 13, 2002, 7:06:44 AM12/13/02
hello,

the NFS-Client isn't seeing any mounted partition
on the servers-disk, even if I got the 'nohide'
option set in /etc/exports. I'm only able to access
the root-partition (rw) and the created mount-points.

All the mounted content is invisible to my NFS-Client
and if I'm creating a directory from the client-side,
it will be visible after I unmount that partition
from the server. So NFS is only writing to _one_ partition.
But why? Is it a problem how I mount them?!

thanks in advanced, marcel

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be
# exported to NFS clients.
# See exports(5).
/data *(rw,nohide,no_root_squash)

#

/dev/hda1 / ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda2 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/hda3 /home ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/hda5 /data/labex ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/hda6 /data/bambole ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 0

/dev/hdb1 /data/images ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 0

/dev/hdc1 /data/media ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 0

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0