mu 1.6.5 and the 1.6 release branch

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Aug 26, 2021, 4:11:40 PM8/26/21
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just created the 1.6.5 release as well as the release/1.6 branch.

release/1.6 is to receive further fixes as we fix those final bugs, just
like we did earlier with release/1.4.x branch.

The master branch will (soon) be the place for our development branch,
1.7, on the long and winding road to 1.8.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Aug 27, 2021, 2:32:00 AM8/27/21
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday Aug 26 2021, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:

> I just created the 1.6.5 release as well as the release/1.6 branch.
>
> release/1.6 is to receive further fixes as we fix those final bugs, just
> like we did earlier with release/1.4.x branch.

Oh, perhaps superfluous, but important enough to reiterate:

Distributions and "normal" users should stick to the 1.6 branch until
1.7 turns into 1.8 at some point in the future. 1.6 is maintained, and
receives fixes.

1.7 is for adventurous users who want to try new things and are more
tolerant of the occasional breakage.

mu loves both groups of users equally!

Tim Cross

Aug 27, 2021, 3:13:59 AM8/27/21
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

"Dirk-Jan C. Binnema" <dj...@djcbsoftware.nl> writes:

> On Thursday Aug 26 2021, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
>
>> I just created the 1.6.5 release as well as the release/1.6 branch.
>>
>> release/1.6 is to receive further fixes as we fix those final bugs, just
>> like we did earlier with release/1.4.x branch.
>
> Oh, perhaps superfluous, but important enough to reiterate:
>
> Distributions and "normal" users should stick to the 1.6 branch until
> 1.7 turns into 1.8 at some point in the future. 1.6 is maintained, and
> receives fixes.
>
> 1.7 is for adventurous users who want to try new things and are more
> tolerant of the occasional breakage.
>
> mu loves both groups of users equally!

Thanks Dirk. Really appreciate all your hard work here. Very happy with
1.6.5. A job well done!

Gard Spreemann

Aug 27, 2021, 4:04:10 AM8/27/21
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <dj...@djcbsoftware.nl> writes:

> On Thursday Aug 26 2021, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
>
>> I just created the 1.6.5 release as well as the release/1.6 branch.
>>
>> release/1.6 is to receive further fixes as we fix those final bugs, just
>> like we did earlier with release/1.4.x branch.
>
> Oh, perhaps superfluous, but important enough to reiterate:
>
> Distributions and "normal" users should stick to the 1.6 branch until
> 1.7 turns into 1.8 at some point in the future. 1.6 is maintained, and
> receives fixes.
>
> 1.7 is for adventurous users who want to try new things and are more
> tolerant of the occasional breakage.
>
> mu loves both groups of users equally!

Sorry for the noise, but I'd just like to express how wonderful it is to
see a modern piece of open source software developed in this way,
respecting also those of us who don't want to base their whole email
setup on whatever git HEAD happens to be. Stability in behavior above
all :-)

Thank you, and thank you for mu in general!

-- Gard
signature.asc

Eduardo Mercovich

Aug 27, 2021, 9:50:16 AM8/27/21
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dirk.

>> I just created the 1.6.5 release as well as the release/1.6 branch.
>> [...]

I just wanted to say "Thank you very much".

There are infinite ways to make the world better and share our love,
each one from it's own strengths and possibilities.

This is one of those ways, and very dear for many of us, here and now.

Thank you very much. :)

Warm regards...

--
Eduardo Mercovich