Identifying all list messages

Stéfan van der Walt

Mar 13, 2024, 2:45:51 PMMar 13
to mu-discuss
Hi all,

I am trying to construct a query that shows only personal messages. For that, I currently use:

maildir:/INBOX flag:q (NOT flag:list)

However, the `NOT flag:list` filter still lets through several marketing emails. Those emails have a List-Unsubscribe field (presumably because of legal reasons), but no List-Id.

Is it possible to identify emails based on a certain field being present? When I try:

mu find maildir:/INBOX 'List-Unsubscribe:/.*/'

it yields no results.

Stéfan

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Mar 16, 2024, 5:43:23 PMMar 16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday Mar 13 2024, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to construct a query that shows only personal messages. For
> that, I currently use:
>
> maildir:/INBOX flag:q (NOT flag:list)
>
> However, the `NOT flag:list` filter still lets through several marketing
> emails. Those emails have a List-Unsubscribe field (presumably because of
> legal reasons), but no List-Id.

I've extended the flag check a bit (in 1.12.2) to also recognize such
messages as "list" messages.

> Is it possible to identify emails based on a certain field being present?
> When I try:
>
> mu find maildir:/INBOX 'List-Unsubscribe:/.*/'
>
> it yields no results.

That's as expected, mu only indexes certain fields, see
mu info fields

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Stéfan van der Walt

Mar 16, 2024, 7:10:09 PMMar 16
to mu-discuss
On Saturday 16 March 2024 at 14:43:23 UTC-7 djcb wrote:
> I am trying to construct a query that shows only personal messages. For
> that, I currently use:
>
> maildir:/INBOX flag:q (NOT flag:list)
>
> However, the `NOT flag:list` filter still lets through several marketing
> emails. Those emails have a List-Unsubscribe field (presumably because of
> legal reasons), but no List-Id.

I've extended the flag check a bit (in 1.12.2) to also recognize such
messages as "list" messages.

Thank you very much!

Stéfan

Jerry Lee Daniel

May 7, 2024, 5:55:31 AMMay 7
to mu-discuss

Loans, Project and Digital Investment financing available up to $150m.
Have a Business Plan, Fundable Project and Collateral.

Contact: danielj...@gmail.com
Whatsapp: ‪+1 (918) 707‑0858