Relative dates

Nicolas P. Rougier (gmail)

Jul 14, 2022, 1:21:00 AM7/14/22
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I've released a relative date package that allows to format a date
difference according to various criteria.

https://github.com/rougier/relative-date

I'm using it to display the date format field:

(require 'relative-date)
(defun mu4e-headers-relative-date (msg)
(format "%12s" (relative-date (mu4e-message-field msg :date))))
(add-to-list 'mu4e-header-info-custom
'(:relative-date . (:name "relative/date"
:shortname "D"
:function
mu4e-headers-relative-date)))

(setq mu4e-headers-fields
'((:relative-date . 12)
(:flags . 6)
(:mailing-list . 10)
(:from . 22)
(:subject))

Hope you'll find the package useful for your own needs.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas P. Rougier — Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases
University of Bordeaux — https://www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier

Eduardo Mercovich

Jul 14, 2022, 11:32:17 AM7/14/22
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas P. Rougier (gmail)
Dear Nicolas.

> I've released a relative date package that allows to format a date difference
> according to various criteria. [...] Hope you'll find the package
> useful for your own needs.

Thanks a lot for this, and your work in emacs and minimalism. :)

Warm regards...

--
Eduardo Mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos