Bulk save all attachments from an email

jman

Apr 10, 2024, 9:12:43 AMApr 10
to mu-discuss

Hi,

Is there a sanctioned way to have mu4e save all the attachments in the email in the *mu4e-article* buffer (i.e. the email I'm visiting)?
Just to be sure I am not missing anything, last proposed solution I've found was mentioned in 2021:
https://groups.google.com/g/mu-discuss/c/ZemMXA0WYfQ/m/5jgKXgUhAwAJ

That's quite a bit of code, does anyone have other suggestions or wants to share their experience?

thanks

Kourosh Kalayeh

Apr 10, 2024, 3:06:33 PMApr 10
to 'jman' via mu-discuss
Hi,

I think this has been implemented in 1.12. Once you do mu4e-view-save-attachments (typically bound to "e") then you can use C-c C-a to mark all attachments for download.

Best,
Kourosh

Massimo D'Antoni

Apr 10, 2024, 5:22:33 PMApr 10
to Kourosh Kalayeh, 'jman' via mu-discuss

It is not clear to me how can I specify the destination directory.
If I press "e" and then C-c C-a, it lists all the attachments but only allows me to save them in the home directory (by pressing Return)
Massimo

Kourosh Kalayeh

Apr 10, 2024, 5:33:56 PMApr 10
to Massimo D'Antoni, 'jman' via mu-discuss
On Apr 10, 2024 Massimo D'Antoni <massimo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not clear to me how can I specify the destination directory.
> If I press "e" and then C-c C-a, it lists all the attachments but only allows me to save them in the home directory (by pressing Return)

I think you can change the default destination directory with "mu4e-attachment-dir" variable. But I don't know how to do it dynamically.

Best,
Kourosh

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Apr 10, 2024, 5:50:38 PMApr 10
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday Apr 10 2024, Massimo D'Antoni wrote:

> It is not clear to me how can I specify the destination directory.

`C-h k e` is your friend.

> If I press "e" and then C-c C-a, it lists all the attachments but only allows me to save them in the home directory (by pressing Return)

mu4e-view-save-attachments takes a prefix arg `C-u` and if you do, it'll
ask your for the dir.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

jman

Apr 11, 2024, 5:04:24 AMApr 11
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Kourosh Kalayeh <k.ka...@gmail.com> writes:

> I think this has been implemented in 1.12. Once you do mu4e-view-save-attachments (typically bound to "e") then you can use C-c C-a to mark all attachments for download.

Thanks! Then I'll wait for 1.12 to reach Debian/testing (currently I'm on 1.10).

Release notes where the new `mu4e-view-save-attachments` is mentioned: https://github.com/djcb/mu/blob/v1.12.0/NEWS.org

Note to self: always check newer versions of mu4e :-)

Best,

Jerry Lee Daniel

May 7, 2024, 5:39:15 AMMay 7
to mu-discuss

Loans, Project and Digital Investment financing available up to $150m.
Have a Business Plan, Fundable Project and Collateral.

Contact: danielj...@gmail.com
Whatsapp: ‪+1 (918) 707‑0858