Buffer "*mu4e-update*" has a running process

Husain Alshehhi

Aug 11, 2021, 10:53:25 AM8/11/21
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Everyday I get the message

Buffer "*mu4e-update" has a running process; kill it? (y or n)

I am wondering if someone know what the issue here and how to resolve
it.

Background:

I use emacsclient. I keep my session open for weeks at a time. I
configure my mu4e to run in the background every 5 minutes, which
includes syncing my email accounts as well, using mbsync.

Every morning, I see the error message above. I receive multiple of
those (about 10 or 20) of them. I have to click "n" multiple times until
they disappear.

My initial guess is that this error is generated because another mu4e
process started before the previous process finished, but I am not
certain. I doubt that's the case because 5 minutes between the run of
each process should be enough: It takes < 30 seconds to sync and index
my email accounts.

--
Husain Alshehhi