Towards 1.10

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Mar 13, 2023, 6:00:32 PM3/13/23
to Mu Mailinglist
Hello all,

Just bumped the mu version to 1.9.22; I feel it's a good time to
consolidate the gains and counting down to the next stable release
(1.10) in the next weeks. There are a few more bugs to fix and some docs
to update.

One new item that'd still be nice to add is a mu/mu4e icon, which we can
show in the new mail notifications; I'm looking for something in the
style of the Emacs and Gnus icons; perhaps someone has a good suggestion
and/or artistic talents?

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Michael Eliachevitch

Mar 20, 2023, 11:51:22 AM3/20/23
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
> I feel it's a good time to
> consolidate the gains and counting down to the next stable release
> (1.10) in the next weeks.

I'm not sure I understand. The currently recommended stable release is 1.8 (on the github releases, readme and homepage). Will the next recommended, published release be 1.9 or directly jump to 1.10? I'm unfamiliar with the release schedule and version scheme work so sorry for the question.

As an evil-mode user I'm especially thankful to the improved dynamic main-menu which shows the correct keys when rebinding them. This will allow for great simplifications in the evil-collection module for mu4e. Still, it will require an update for the latest release, so I'm waiting for when it's official.

I've also found the other improvements since the 1.8 release to be very useful and am looking forward to when it will be officially releases, thanks a lot for the work, Dirk!

Cheers, Michael

--
Michael Eliachevitch
Public PGP Key: https://keyoxide.org/hkp/546908c782383ad0e7d894ec1b8f95c8125dce31

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Mar 21, 2023, 12:53:49 AM3/21/23
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

On Monday Mar 20 2023, Michael Eliachevitch wrote:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
>> I feel it's a good time to
>> consolidate the gains and counting down to the next stable release
>> (1.10) in the next weeks.
>
> I'm not sure I understand. The currently recommended stable release is 1.8 (on
> the github releases, readme and homepage). Will the next recommended, published
> release be 1.9 or directly jump to 1.10? I'm unfamiliar with the release
> schedule and version scheme work so sorry for the question.

The current _release_ version is 1.8.x; the _development_ version (i.e.,
git master) is 1.9.x. This is about wrapping up that development version
and turning it in to the *next* release version, 1.10.x.

> As an evil-mode user I'm especially thankful to the improved dynamic main-menu
> which shows the correct keys when rebinding them. This will allow for great
> simplifications in the evil-collection module for mu4e. Still, it will require
> an update for the latest release, so I'm waiting for when it's official.

Hope that works out well.

> I've also found the other improvements since the 1.8 release to be very useful
> and am looking forward to when it will be officially releases, thanks a lot for
> the work, Dirk!

Thanks, but it's not just me :-), we received a lot of improvements, bug
reports and suggestions from other people as well.