mailto: links no longer handled properly?

la...@denenberg.com

May 27, 2024, 5:55:20 PMMay 27
to mu-discuss
Up to a week ago, clicking a mailto: link in my browser would switch focus to Emacs with a mu4e compose buffer all set: To and Subject fields from the link, cursor correctly positioned, just what you want.

But then I updated lots of things, which I don't do often. I went from Monterey to Sonoma, from Emacs 27.2 to 29.3 (emacsformacos), from mu/mu4e god-knows-what to 1.12.5. And now clicking a mailto link just switches focus to Emacs: no draft message at all. Same behavior all browsers.

Anyone else experiencing this? What do I do about it?

/Larry Denenberg

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

May 28, 2024, 12:59:56 AMMay 28
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Check if the Emacs-side works, i.e., evaluate inside emacs (after mu4e
is loaded):

(browse-url-mail "mailto:f...@bar.com?subject=hello")

[ works fine here ]

if that works, there's some problem with the glue between your browser
and emacs.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--