Mess view starts 1 line down, hiding Subject

Malcolm Matalka

Apr 3, 2024, 9:20:05 PMApr 3
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Up just upgraded to emacs 29.3 and I'm using mu 1.8.13, and now
when I'm reading through messages, the message starts with the
buffer one line down, hiding the Subject line.

Has anyone experienced this? Any idea how to resolve?

Thank you,
/Malcolm

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Apr 4, 2024, 12:38:45 AMApr 4
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
1.8.13 is relatively old (the latest stable release is 1.12.2), I'd
recommend upgrading if you can.

Anyway, if that's not possible, I'd try to reproduce with a minimal
setup (emacs -Q and just mu4e) and build up from that; it's unlikely
that you'd be the first to encounter some big obvious problem if it's
not related to something specific to your setup.

Good luck!
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Norm Tovey-Walsh

Apr 4, 2024, 2:13:43 AMApr 4
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
"Dirk-Jan C. Binnema" <dj...@djcbsoftware.nl> writes:
> On Wednesday Apr 03 2024, Malcolm Matalka wrote:
>> Up just upgraded to emacs 29.3 and I'm using mu 1.8.13, and now when I'm reading through messages, the message starts with the buffer one line down, hiding the Subject line.
[…]
> it's unlikely that you'd be the first to encounter some big obvious problem if it's not related to something specific to your setup.

I’ve just started seeing exactly the same thing after upgrading to Emacs 29.3. I’m using mu 1.10.7. I’ve been dragging my feet a bit on upgrading to 1.12.2 but maybe it’s time :-)

Be seeing you,
norm

--
Norm Tovey-Walsh <n...@nwalsh.com>
https://norm.tovey-walsh.com/

> There comes a time when a man must take himself, for better or worse,
> as his portion.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
signature.asc

Hiroshi Shimodaira

Apr 4, 2024, 5:57:48 AMApr 4
to mu-discuss
Glad to know I'm not the only one with the same issue - message are displayed from around 5th line of header since I upgraded to Emacs 29.3.  I tried recompiling 1.12.1 and upgrading to 1.12.2, neither fixed it. I'm using MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 and MacPorts.

Best wishes,
Hiroshi

Michael Piotrowski

Apr 4, 2024, 6:41:02 AMApr 4
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On 2024-04-04, Hiroshi Shimodaira <h.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Glad to know I'm not the only one with the same issue - message are displayed from around 5th line of header since I upgraded to Emacs 29.3. I tried recompiling 1.12.1 and upgrading to 1.12.2, neither fixed it. I'm using MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 and MacPorts.

Same here, mu 1.12.2 with Emacs 29.3 (emacs-mac port). I first thought it was related to a non-zero setting of ‘scroll-conservatively’, but setting it back to 0 didn’t fix it.

Cordially,
Michael

--
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Michael Piotrowski <michael.p...@unil.ch>
Professeur en humanités numériques · Université de Lausanne

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Apr 4, 2024, 10:38:29 AMApr 4
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday Apr 04 2024, Michael Piotrowski wrote:

> On 2024-04-04, Hiroshi Shimodaira <h.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Glad to know I'm not the only one with the same issue - message are displayed
>> from around 5th line of header since I upgraded to Emacs 29.3. I tried
>> recompiling 1.12.1 and upgrading to 1.12.2, neither fixed it. I'm using MacOS
>> Sonoma 14.4.1 and MacPorts.
>
> Same here, mu 1.12.2 with Emacs 29.3 (emacs-mac port). I first thought
> it was related to a non-zero setting of ‘scroll-conservatively’, but
> setting it back to 0 didn’t fix it.

I tried 29.3 (on Linux/Fedora though, not MacOS), and I can't repro
there either. I think. Perhaps someone can post a screenshot? Thanks!

Kind regards,

Michael Piotrowski

Apr 4, 2024, 10:46:52 AMApr 4
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 2024-04-04, "Dirk-Jan C. Binnema" <dj...@djcbsoftware.nl> wrote:

> On Thursday Apr 04 2024, Michael Piotrowski wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-04, Hiroshi Shimodaira <h.shim...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Glad to know I'm not the only one with the same issue - message are displayed
>>> from around 5th line of header since I upgraded to Emacs 29.3. I tried
>>> recompiling 1.12.1 and upgrading to 1.12.2, neither fixed it. I'm using MacOS
>>> Sonoma 14.4.1 and MacPorts.
>>
>> Same here, mu 1.12.2 with Emacs 29.3 (emacs-mac port). I first thought
>> it was related to a non-zero setting of ‘scroll-conservatively’, but
>> setting it back to 0 didn’t fix it.
>
> I tried 29.3 (on Linux/Fedora though, not MacOS), and I can't repro
> there either. I think. Perhaps someone can post a screenshot? Thanks!

I’ve attached a screenshot. This is what I see after hitting return on your message. There would be enough space to display the whole message, but for some reason it’s scrolled up four lines.

Thank you for looking into it!
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 16.40.18.png

Per Einar Myklebust

Apr 18, 2024, 9:23:55 AMApr 18
to mu-discuss
I just posted the same issue in another thread.
I have the same problem. Just upgraded to Ubuntu 24.04, emacs 29.3 and mu4e 1.10.8

Jerry Lee Daniel

May 7, 2024, 5:12:01 AMMay 7
to mu-discuss

MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+1 (918) 707‑0858