How to delete message from Inbox without moving it anywhere else?

Richard H Stanton

Apr 4, 2024, 1:06:16 PMApr 4
to mu-discuss
I'm using mu4e/mbsync with gmail. I've synced Inbox and All Mail plus a few other folders, so in particular (if I understand how this all works) all the messages in my Inbox directory are duplicated in All Mail.

I'd like to set things up so that when I'm looking at a message and press a (or some other key that doesn't conflict...), the message is archived in the way that gmail understands it. I.e., I want to delete it from Inbox but leave the copy in All Mail alone. In particular, I don't want to create a duplicate copy by moving it to All Mail, and I'd like it to execute immediately rather than asking for confirmation.

Is this feature built in to mu4e somewhere? If not, has someone implemented it?

Thanks!

Jerry Lee Daniel

May 7, 2024, 5:39:49 AMMay 7
to mu-discuss
Loans, Project and Digital Investment financing available up to $150m.
Have a Business Plan, Fundable Project and Collateral.

Contact: danielj...@gmail.com
Whatsapp: ‪+1 (918) 707‑0858