Spring

Sam Stoney

Feb 23, 2021, 12:36:52 PM2/23/21
to NDO Mountain Biking
Wow - nothing new on this list since Feb?

I’m jonesing real bad for a ride and it’s only been two weeks since the snow removed skinny tire MTB riding as an option. And, I really can’t justify buying a fat bike to cover me for only a few more weeks. I hope all you fat bikers are enjoying the riding; maybe I’ll buy into one when prices drop. Or XC skis.

Speaking of prices - I’m looking for a used, probably 26 wheeled full suspension bike for my  5’1” wife to ride. Something primarily for easy riding at the  GTF with Yoshi the Poodle, but also for the Ninja MTB class when taking in May. Looking for disc brakes, serviceable parts, but I can fix up. I recognize $500-$750 is probably not a realistic budget in today’s market, but that’s about as much as I can spend before she will tell me I’m wasting my money on her.

Stay safe; stay active!

Scott Stathis

Feb 23, 2021, 10:12:53 PM2/23/21
to mtn...@googlegroups.com

Sam,

The fat biking has been amazing since the snow started flying!... until this week. Now is mush.

Not much ride posting on this list since it’s broke into several sub-lists, all of which are on chat apps. We’ll have to remember to start posting again here.

Regarding a bike for your wife, I have one to sell but it’s a size large. For reference, it’s a 2009 Trek Fuel EX8 in great shape other than needing a break line bleed and rear shock service (which, with a $15 service kit, you can do on your own if you’re up for it). I paid $2,500 but would sell it for $750.

Scott

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups NDO Mountain Biking group. To post to this group, send email to mtn...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mtnbike+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit www.ndomountainbiking.com
---