Trail Project #2 Progress Report - Chestnut Hill Loop

Paul

Apr 24, 2021, 9:54:31 PM4/24/21
to Paul

Dear Friends of Trails,

A hearty group of 10 made great progress in 2 hours on flattening and smoothing out the Chestnut Hill Loop Trail behind Williams Barn today.  We also widened a couple of the switchback turns for the mountain bikers’ benefit.  Chestnut Hill was no match for the MacLeods, Pulaskis, picks, and prybars we applied to the task. Still a bit of work to do on the last half of the climb up Chestnut Hill (including widening some turns), but most of the worst sections were corrected. Many thanks go out to Greg Mendes, Greg Giannone, Jeff Spicer, Susan Mercer, Connor ?, Sandra Tobies, Jim Peregoy, Bob Ordemann, and our mighty rock carrier Tim Leach.

Next Saturday is the day of the Annual Town Meeting that starts at 9:00 am.  Please attend and vote!  In addition to the votes needed for the Elementary School project to move forward, there are Community Preservation Act funding requests seeking approval for many projects as well as other town initiatives.

The next trail project will be scheduled for Saturday, May 15.  We’ll finish up the Chestnut Hill Trail Loop work on that day.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Home:  978-448-2813

Mobile:  978-302-9854