Trail Project on Saturday morning @10 - Chestnut Hill Loop Trail

Paul

Apr 14, 2021, 1:55:26 PM4/14/21
to Paul

Dear Friends of Trails,

Unlike last week’s project, this week’s project involves ONLY hard work!  Several sections of the Chestnut Hill Loop Trail in the Sorhaug Conservation Area behind Williams Barn need to have the cross-slope reduced and a few turns need to be revised to make them easier to navigate.  There are also a few obstacles (rocks and stumps) along the trail that should be removed.  I’ve got enough tools to keep about 10 people productively engaged in these efforts, so please pitch in if you’ve got a good back and a desire to do some dirt moving.

Please join us at Williams Barn at 10 am sharp for a couple of hours of honest work.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Home:  978-448-2813

Mobile:  978-302-9854

matthew miller

Apr 14, 2021, 5:35:31 PM4/14/21
to 'Paul' via NDO Mountain Biking
Hi Paul,

Just curious about the "reroutes." Are you able to see how I've been rounding out the corners when descending the new trail down Chestnut Hill? On a bike, you generally need to start high/wide and cut down in smooth arc. Handlbars are 5" wider today than they were 20 years ago, so the arc can't be too close to a tree on the inside.

Matt Miller

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups NDO Mountain Biking group. To post to this group, send email to mtn...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mtnbike+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit www.ndomountainbiking.com
---

Paul

Apr 16, 2021, 1:14:18 PM4/16/21
to Paul

Dear Friends,

Tomorrow is Trail Groundhog Day. If we can't see the ground tomorrow morning we are going to postpone this project and go back to sleep for a week (April 24th).

Paul

Paul

Apr 17, 2021, 6:39:01 AM4/17/21
to Paul

POSTPONED.  We’ll try again next Saturday morning, the 24th.  Go back to sleep!