Looking to upgrade

瀏覽次數:43 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Robert Foss

未讀,
2020年12月2日 上午9:20:342020/12/2
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, figured you guys might have a lead on a full suspension bike. Need to get off my hardtail, it's destroying my spine

Looking to get something entry level, 29er or 27.5. budget is $2000. Live in Groton MA.

Let me know if you guys have anything available!

Thanks!
Bob

Scott O'Reilly

未讀,
2020年12月2日 上午9:37:522020/12/2
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com
Bob,

Are you looking for a used bike?  If so, what size are you?  I don't have anything but that would help anyone else who might have something available.  If you're looking new, you could check out the online direct to consumer bikes like Canyon or Fezzari.  Here's one from Canyon:  https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/neuron/neuron-6/2824.html?dwvar_2824_pv_rahmenfarbe=GY%2FOG  For use, the pros closet has some interesting inventory.  You should determine what type of bike you want for your type of riding, typically cross country vs trail.  You should also check out the local shops for advice and see what they've got in stock.  Good luck.

Cpt. Chms

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups NDO Mountain Biking group. To post to this group, send email to mtn...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to mtnbike+u...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit www.ndomountainbiking.com
---

Robert Foss

未讀,
2020年12月2日 上午9:39:322020/12/2
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I should have stayed I need a large frame. I was looking at the Commencal Meta TR online as well. I have a really hard time spending that much without sitting on it first. Figured someone in the group may have a lead on something more local.

Scott Stathis

未讀,
2020年12月2日 上午10:41:062020/12/2
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com

For an entry level bike you can’t go wrong with this:

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/fuel-ex/fuel-ex-5/p/33073/?colorCode=grey_orangelight

Trek is a production bike that has nailed the geometry as far as I’m concerned. If you want to ride it before buying head to Goodale’s in Nashua (now owned by Trek). Save on taxes too! (Call first to make sure it’s in stock in your size.)

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/retail/goodalesnashua/

Scott

Robert Foss

未讀,
2020年12月2日 上午10:44:062020/12/2
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Scott,
I actually talked with a guy who has a fuel he's fixing up. I like the geometry. Problem right now is that nothing is in stock anywhere. I'll take a peak and see if Goodales has anything.

John Kinnee

未讀,
2020年12月4日 下午4:18:242020/12/4
收件者:NDO Mountain Biking
I've been riding a Giant Trance Advanced 29 for the past two years and it's a good all around bike. 130 front, 115 rear. Here's the aluminum model and it's showing a large available in Natick at Papa Wheelie's. The fork on this bike is the top rated for its price range.

Robert Foss

未讀,
2020年12月7日 晚上8:48:352020/12/7
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com
So I ended up finding a 2017 Transition Scout EVO build with low miles for under $2000 on facebook marketplace. It was clean and well taken care of so I grabbed it. It's gonna be a huge step up from the hardtail until I can justify spending more.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went to Goodales and would have bought a Fuel Ex 5.....if they weren't sold out till next fall.

Looking forward to heading out there soon. Will try and hit up a ride with you guys if I can!

Thanks again!
Bob

Jim Molaskey

未讀,
2020年12月7日 晚上8:50:252020/12/7
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Bob!  Welcome to the wonderful world of full suspension!  Game changer!

--
Thanks!

Jim

Scott Stathis

未讀,
2020年12月8日 上午10:15:152020/12/8
收件者:mtn...@googlegroups.com

Nice bike. My impression based on a quick look is that it’s similar in geometry and suspension to the Trek Fuel. Congrats!

Scott

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄