FW: Announcement for the upcoming 2012 Summer Asian Debate Institute

Jeff Tsai

Apr 15, 2012, 9:49:58 AM4/15/12
to googlegroups tweds, MtJadeDebating
Hello all,

Here is a piece of information from Asian Debate Institute, a debating training workshop featuring intensive lectures and a mini tournament in the ending few days. Please see the following post for details.

Cheers,

Jeff

From: hwanh...@hotmail.com
To: allasia...@yahoogroups.com; debat...@googlegroups.com; koreade...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Announcement for the upcoming 2012 Summer Asian Debate Institute
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:42:15 +0900

Greetings!

My name is Seung-Hwan Hong, a debater from Chung-Ang University and I am proud to announce the date for the 10th Summer Asian Debate Institute.

The Asian Debate Institute(ADI) is a ten day debate workshop in which productive debate lectures are given by the best debate coaches, debaters of all Asia and we also have a tournament in which you can actually participate and sharpen your debating skills.

ADI is the best opportunity for those who are not really familiar with debate and wishes gain good experience, meet new friends and have a GOOD TIME!!!

This ADI we are opening our workshop in the British Parliament (BP) or Worlds Format!

Dates: 11th to 20th August 2012

Location: Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea (South Korea)

Standard Registration: 1st June to 10th July, 2012,

- Cost 300,000 won per participant (200,000 for international participants)

Late Registration: 18th July to 1st August, 2012,

- Cost 400,000 won per participant (400,000 for international participants)

We have a cap for this year嚙踝蕭s summer ADI, due to an overflow of participants in the last summer ADI. The cap is 120 participants, and will be taken based on first come first serve. We also have some major changes regarding the system. The schedule will be largely based on small-group lab sessions(compared to the large group lectures last year), with more opportunity for debaters to have debates. The coaches will be Logan(as usual), and many CA嚙踝蕭s and DCA嚙踝蕭s of the upcoming international tournaments this year, such as North East Asian Open.

Registration fee includes cost of tuition, the Mad ADI Banquet, a snazzy ADI t-shirt and tournament registration. Registration does not include accommodation, although we have a few suggestions of where you can stay. The ADIis non-profit, faculty and staff are not paid a salary.

I, Seunghwan Hong, will be honored to serve as your tournament director. If you have any questions about ADI you may contact me through this e-mail: hwanh...@hotmail.com

See you in Korea!

Cheers

Seung-Hwan Hong.