FW: Brief announcement for the 2012 13th Summer Asian Debate Institute.

Jeff Tsai

May 25, 2012, 4:56:45 AM5/25/12
to MtJadeDebating
Hi guys! here is Registration details for ADI!

From: hwanh...@hotmail.com

Hello, debaters!

Firstly, I would like to apologize if I missed any e-mails that you sent me; I've had quite a few recently.

I would first like to answer the questions that was most frequently raised.

1. The method of registration

As always, the registration will occur by my providing you with the link, which would direct you to the Google doc that you can fill in your personal information.

An E-mail providing the link for the registration will be sent on June 2nd, 10:00 am(GMT +9),.

2. Participant quota

The committee and the faculty have come to a consensus that we need to have a policy to ensure that we have a proportionate representation of each country.

Since it is Asian Debate Institute, not Korean, Japanese, or Vietnamese Debate Institute, we figured it is best if we have a variety of participants representing each country.

So for the first 100 participants, it will be first come first serve, but for the remaining 20 participants, we decided to allocate the slots to the most underrepresented country.

Keep in mind that there isn't any institution cap, so if your school wishes to send 30 participants, you are welcome to do so, and if you register first, you might be able to send all your participants).

3. Total participant cap

I have sent in the previous e-mail that the cap would be 120 students, and it will stay that way(No revisions will be made).

The reason why is that for the 13th ADI, there will be less lectures and more small group intensive lab sessions, with no more than 10 people per trainer.

To make this possible, we need to have limited participants to make the most use of the change in the system.

The first-come-first-serve means that anyone that registers will be allocated the slots, but if the payment is not made by July 1st, the participant will automatically lose the slots, and the next person will obtain the opportunity to make the payments.

So the point is, be as quick as possible with the registration, and make the payments only when you are within the cap of 120 participants. DO NOT MAKE THE REGISTRATION PAYMENT UNLESS YOU ARE TOLD TO.

These are some of the things you should be aware of when you register for the 13th Asian Debate Institute.

Further updates will be sent through E-mail as well, so please stay with us.

I am very looking forward to seeing you all!

Seung-Hwan Hong,

Director of the 13th Asian Debate Institute.