You do not have permission to delete messages in this group
Report message as abuse
Sign in to report message as abuse
Show original message
Either email addresses are anonymous for this group or you need the view member email addresses permission to view the original message
to debat...@googlegroups.com, mtjaded...@googlegroups.com, allasia...@yahoogroups.com, northeasta...@googlegroups.com
The Cambridge Union Society are proud to present one of the highlights of the debating calendar, one of the most celebrated debating tournaments in the world; and the largest Cambridge IV.
It will take place this year on the 18th and 19th of November 2011.
Registration Details: - Registration will open on our website and on our Facebook group on the 1st September at Midday (GMT).
- £85 Registration Fee; to include a Black Tie social, with further details to be announced.
- Supplementary Package available to all for £25 per team. For £25 we offer entry into the Thursday night Union debate, Debating Workshops run by top Cambridge Debaters, guaranteed crash Thursday night, and tours on Friday morning before the IV begins. - A 120 team cap, with an initial 4 teams per institution cap. N-1 judges for UK teams. Highlights of the tournament include:
- 5 Preliminary Rounds of Closed Motions, 7 minute speeches. Open break to Quarter-Finals, ESL break to Semi-Finals.
- A prestigious CA Team, featuring:
CA Fiona Prowse (2011 World Champion, 2010 Cambridge IV Winner, 2009 Australs Champion)
CA Harish Natarajan (2010 Worlds Semi-Finalist, 2010 and 2011 Euros Finalist)
DCA Nathalie Smith (2011 Worlds Octo-finalist, 2010 Euros Quarter-finalist and DCA of the Nottingham Open)
- Expert tabbing from Bob Nimmo
- One of the best judging pool available; to include Art Ward, Andrew Tuffin, Sam Block, Jack Gamble, Joe Roussos, Richard Lau, Tom Hosking, Daniel Warents, Simone Van Elk and many others.