Skiing Saturday?

Keith Lamond

Dec 1, 2022, 11:45:01 PM12/1/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club
I'm thinking of hitting TImberline or SkiBowl Saturday to get my first turns for the season.  Anyone want to meet up?

If we do SkiBowl, it will be afternoon skiing, as they are opening up at 1pm for skiing.

Keith

Michele Gunness

Dec 2, 2022, 8:22:52 AM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
I will be skiing Meadows today (Friday) and maybe Saturday.
Michele Gunness

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 1, 2022, at 8:45 PM, Keith Lamond <keith....@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm thinking of hitting TImberline or SkiBowl Saturday to get my first turns for the season.  Anyone want to meet up?

If we do SkiBowl, it will be afternoon skiing, as they are opening up at 1pm for skiing.

Keith

Keith Lamond

Dec 2, 2022, 10:40:18 AM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Michele.  I have a fusion pass, so unfortunately I need to stick to TImberline and SkiBowl.
.

Sally N.

Dec 2, 2022, 4:00:29 PM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
I skied MHM today (sorry I missed you Michelle) and hope to do some early turns tomorrow at TL.  I will be booted and ready to ski at 9 in front of ski check if you'd like to meet, Keith.  I wear a royal blue helmet and a blue and white striped coat.
Sally Niedermeyer

Jon Waldum

Dec 2, 2022, 4:20:44 PM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Be careful Keith, she’s a bonafide PowderHound. You”ll be hurtling down Wy’East and Cut Back. It was deep, waist deep, Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone

Sally N.

Dec 2, 2022, 4:24:05 PM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Keith-haha not true,  I'm old and outta shape. I won't be able to ski all day tomorrow.  I need to be back in Govy by 12,
Sally

Linda or Bruce McGavin

Dec 2, 2022, 5:04:03 PM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Loving this exchange!!  Bruce and I skied Meadows yesterday and really enjoyed the POWDER!

Linda & Bruce McGavin

Emilio Trampuz

Dec 2, 2022, 5:05:55 PM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
Keith, thanks for getting the ball rolling with your announcement in this Forum.
I will not be able to make it this Saturday, but I am planning to do it next Saturday, December 10, at Timberline.

By the way, we all mellow out with age.  I have seen several of our members (including myself) skiing a lot slower and staying on mellower terrain than we ever used to.  We all get a little more cautious, a little more aware of the consequences of making a mistake on steep terrain and/or at high speed.

Emilio

Jon Waldum

Dec 2, 2022, 5:25:03 PM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
The open house isn’t until 5?
You must be scoping out the auction items.

Sent from my iPhone

Keith Lamond

Dec 2, 2022, 5:25:14 PM12/2/22
to mth...@googlegroups.com
I'll aim fto get up early enough to get to TImberline early enough to snag a parking space.  I'll either be in a slate blue jacket or dark blue jacket and gray/silver ski pants.

I'll want to avoid powder for my first day out in the season.  As a former East Coast skier, my powder skiing skills are limited and my skills aren't well suited for powder skiing.  I do want to expand my powder skiing skills this season, but not by diving head first into deep powder on my first day :p.

Unfortunately I'll miss the next two Saturdays so won't be able to ski with you Emilio until later in the season.