Skiing together this past Saturday at Timberline

Emilio Trampuz

Dec 18, 2022, 9:11:29 PM12/18/22
to Mt. High All Club Forum
A great day at Timberline this past Saturday.  Sunny, almost no wind, and no long lift lines.  The parking lot was full as usual, but that didn't translate into long lift lines.  No lift line at all on Molly's express chair.  Maybe just a couple of people on the Pucci express lift.  A few people at the bottom of the Magic Mile.

I expected the Stormin' Norman lift to be the most crowded because it serves the terrain park, but the lift line there was relatively short.  Jeff Flood Express had relatively short lift lines too until about 11 am, when the line suddenly grew longer for no visible reason, except maybe because the lift stopped a couple of times for a brief period, maybe because someone had fallen while unloading at the top.

Free Timberline shuttles were running all day between Government Camp and Timberline.  We could have skied to Govy down the groomed Alpine trail or down West Leg Road, and then taken the shuttle back up.  We didn't do it this time, but maybe we could try this on some future occasion.

Overall, it was a good day to be out skiing. Too bad that only 3 of us were up there:  Glenn, John, and Emilio.

Check out these photos:
1.  A picture of Mt. Hood at dawn:
Sunrise on
        Mt. Hood

2.  Glenn, John and Emilio on the Jeff Flood Express:
     (The guy with the mustache on the far left was not part of our group.)
Glenn,
        John, and Emilio on the lift

3.  Emilio, Glenn, and John with Mt. Hood in the background:
Emilio,
        Glenn, and John with Mt. Hood in the background

We announced this ski day in the all-club forum several days before.  Next time you see someone announcing their ski plans, come join them!  Don't be shy.

Emilio

aunt...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2022, 9:49:24 PM12/18/22
to Mountain High Snowsport Club