Intragranular Misorientation Distribution for Selected Grains

Mustafa Rifat

Oct 30, 2020, 11:50:43 PM10/30/20
to MTEX
Hello MTEX Community,

I want to find intragranular misorientation of selected grains from my ebsd plot. I am trying to do something like this demo page: https://mtex-toolbox.github.io/HomepageOld/files/doc/GrainMisorientationAnalysis.html#22

Now what I am trying is like this:
[grains,ebsd.grainId] = calcGrains(ebsd);
%My grain Ids are 489 and 490
ori = ebsd(ebsd.grainId == 490).orientations;
mis2mean = inv(grains(490).meanOrientation) .* ori;
figure
plotAngleDistribution(mis2mean)

This gives me a plot like this:
plot.jpg
If I do the same for grain 489, I get another plot like this.
However, I want a single histogram containing data for both grains. I want to tell by looking at the histogram how the distribution looks like together i.e. is the distribution bimodal (the grains have very different intragranular misorientation distribution) or not.

Can anyone help me in this regard?
Thank you!

Ralf Hielscher

Oct 31, 2020, 12:27:41 AM10/31/20