Export EBSD to ang format?

latm...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2018, 9:26:47 PM8/30/18
to MTEX
Hello:

Does MTEX allow export of EBSD data to ang file format? Or any other format readable by TSL OIM? I have tried export_h5 and saveEBSD_hdf5 but they did not work.

Error after running export_h5
Warning: Conversion from double to datatype H5T_NATIVE_FLOAT may clamp some values.
> In H5D.write (line 71)

In h5write (line 130)

In EBSD/export_h5 (line 82)
Warning: Conversion from double to datatype H5T_STD_U8LE may clamp some values.
> In H5D.write (line 71)

In h5write (line 130)

In EBSD/export_h5 (line 90)
No appropriate method, property, or field 'options' for class 'EBSD'.
Error in EBSD/export_h5 (line 92)
fn
= fields(ebsd.options);

Error after running saveEBSD_hdf5
Error using prefutils>getFieldRequired (line 69)
preference version does
not exist in group mtex

Error in prefutils (line 10)
[varargout{1:nargout}] = feval(varargin{:});

Error in getpref (line 85)
     retval
{i} = prefutils('getFieldRequired',Group,prefCell{i},...

Error in saveEBSD_hdf5 (line 16)
h5writeatt
(fname, '/mtex', 'version', getpref('mtex', 'version'));

Thanks,
Marat

Ralf Hielscher

Sep 2, 2018, 10:05:26 AM9/2/18
to MTEX
Hi Marat,

export functionality of MTEX is indeed limited. I will try to make export_h5 export working. Any help is welcome here :)

Ralf.

Philippe Pinard

Sep 13, 2018, 12:46:55 PM9/13/18
to MTEX
I wrote the saveEBSD_hdf5 and loadEBSD_hdf5 functions a long time ago. I will have a look whether I can fix them.

Philippe

Nick Byres

Nov 19, 2020, 4:22:41 AM11/19/20
to MTEX
Hi all, was there any progress on exporting to .ang file format?

Kind regards,
Nick

Ralf Hielscher

Nov 19, 2020, 4:42:00 AM11/19/20
to MTEX
Hi Nick,

(1) this should work out of the box as export(ebsd,'fileName.ang')
(2) please use our new forum at github :)

Ralf.

PS: I'm currently planning the next MTEX workshop https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~rahi/mtexWorkshop21/index.php
The second week I plan as a big user meeting with many different talks on MTEX users. I would be very happy if your group could add to this.