Grain boundary fundamental zone plot in MTeX

tikku.ch...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2021, 12:40:32 AM1/4/21
to MTEX

Hi all,

I would like to congratulate the developers of MTeX for such a nice and useful code!

I have a general question; I am using MTeX 5.5.2. Is it possible to construct grain boundary fundamental zones in MTeX. For example, for FCC crystals, the fundamental zone of a sigma3 CSL boundary would be represented by a steriographic triangle having {111}, {110} and {112} as its three vertices.

What I want to do is to plot the variations of GB properties, like GB energy, for certain sigma boundaries. I believe that the best way to show the variation in GB properties with change in GB plane normal (for the same CSL boundary) is to show color contours of that property in the corresponding CSL fundamental zone plot.  Is it possible in MTeX.

Best Regards,
Sagar

Ralf Hielscher

Jan 4, 2021, 12:46:21 AM1/4/21
to MTEX
Hi Sagar,

yes this is possible. However, this is an outdated MTEX forum. Please post your question at https://github.com/mtex-toolbox/mtex/discussions

Thank you very much and a happy new year.

Ralf.

PS: please include in you repost the output of ebsd_line

Sagar Chandra

Jan 4, 2021, 12:49:14 AM1/4/21
to mtex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ralf,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I originally tried it on the new forum itself, but the forum isn't accepting the category "Ask anything". Perhaps it may be the browser issue or something else.
This is why I posted it here. I shall try again.

A very Happy New Year to you too! Stay healthy and safe!

Regards,
Sagar

--
If you want to reduce the number of emails you get through this forum login to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/mtexmail, click "My membership" and select "Don't send me email updates". You can still get emails on selected topics by staring them.
---